CCI 250 didn't go bang

jgal72

I was at the range yesterday shooting with my friend. He was shooting 300 RUM and one of the primers didn't go off. He said he has had a this happen a few times with CCI 250's. Just wondering if any one else had had this happen to them. I have used them forever and hadn't had a problem. Just wondering if its the primer or maybe his loading process.

Yes I have. Yes it can be process related. For whatever reason it's only happened to me with CCI. I went years without issue, shortages found me back with CCI, and the misfires reappeared, then disappeared when Federal was back in stock.

Others have used them for years without issue.

I make it a strong point to never touch them with bare fingers ever !!! My 250s have all been great ! However I bought 700 that were on display cci/200s and I believe they were touched by human hands,cause the first 100 used I had 7 duds ticked me off, told store owner & that flew rite over his head ! Go figure , some people I tell you!.... Those 7 duds were the first duds in 20 some years so I know I'm right ! Just saying & putting it out there .

One thing that's Paramount is cutting primers holes to match depth so they seat under flush ! Dats my Tip of the Day!!! Greatly helps primer ignition .

Finny...it just happened to me last week on the very first shot with a new build...I was ****ed at the rifle for a minute but then every shot since has been fine.

No. Mine are at least four years old. NEVER TOUCHED WITH FINGERS, all primer pockets are uniformed ans seated to consistent slight crunch with Frankfort Arsenal adjustable primer seatimg tool.

I had several with the 260...older batch with the blue and yellow boxes..200s...
Asked my smith about it and he said it was probably the spring wearing down...he took into his shop and said it was snakey and weak.....didn't replace the spring during hunting season..but didn't have any more ftf......yet...still several rounds loaded with those primers....its always fun to find the ones that don't work.......

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.