Cases from pulled bullets - resize again?

J-B welder

I have a few rounds that I had loaded for determining max powder charge but started seeing pressure signs before I got to them. After I pull the bullets, will the case necks need to be resized again? These will be used for short range target use, so neck tension is not critical.

I do it a bit differently...........a couple years ago I bought a bag of 400 brass that Federal tore down because of a bad lot of bullets, I tried as suggested taking out the decapping pin but found that concentricity was out by several thousands, after trying several method's I found the best way is to use a Lee collet neck die, pop the primers out and re-seat the primers (use safety glasses of course).
375 of the cases I did by this method all rolled .001" and all primers saved

The newer LCD's don't size the entire length of the neck per their website. Evidently someone talked them into doing this to facilitate loading lead bullets easier. The older Collet dies do size the whole neck and do help with concentricity.

The newer LCD's don't size the entire length of the neck per their website. Evidently someone talked them into doing this to facilitate loading lead bullets easier. The older Collet dies do size the whole neck and do help with concentricity.
You really don't need to size the full neck for decent tension, as long as everything is uniform. I have used 300rum dies to load 300roy for a buddy, and they only sized a bit over 1/2 of the neck. What I loaded with my rum dies before he bought 300roy dies is still some of the most accurate ammo the rifle has eaten.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.