Case trimming machine which is the best for the $ ?

Have you used this trimmer ? Or do you have the original ?
Yes, that's it.
image.jpg

+1 for Henderson. Maybe the best investment I've made in my reloading process since I started 10+ years ago. In a nutshell, it works, consistently, with very little setup. Further, if you have an issue, you call the number, usually Todd (Henderson) answers, talks with you, helps you and is a great guy. Yes somewhat expensive, but given the results and in lieu of how much time and money goes into all the facets of reloading, I would say its worth every penny.

Have you used this trimmer ? Or do you have the original ?
I have the FA universal trimmer and it was too inconsistent. If you chose that option, I could make you a good deal on mine. I used the RCBS trimmer for years and was never satisfied with the cut or consistency. I think the LE Wilson with the micrometer adjustment is the best value for money if you are not running high volumes. Once set up, the Wilson will turn out the same length no matter how many cases you run. Paired with a 4V electric screwdriver, I can run 100 cases in under 10 minutes. I covet the Giraud and Henderson but cannot justify the cost on a volume of 1200-1500 rounds fired per year of which only 300-400. will require trimming.

I have the FA universal trimmer and it was too inconsistent. If you chose that option, I could make you a good deal on mine. I used the RCBS trimmer for years and was never satisfied with the cut or consistency. I think the LE Wilson with the micrometer adjustment is the best value for money if you are not running high volumes. Once set up, the Wilson will turn out the same length no matter how many cases you run. Paired with a 4V electric screwdriver, I can run 100 cases in under 10 minutes. I covet the Giraud and Henderson but cannot justify the cost on a volume of 1200-1500 rounds fired per year of which only 300-400. will require trimming.
I see you buy the power tool adapter. So a small motor could be fabricated. And you need to buy the case holders separately. Which are not to pricey. I see it trims off the case wall as to the neck. I think I understand the reasoning behind this. Being new to reloading. I also see a plus to this as for being able to do a straight wall cartridge. Where some of the other trimmers can not do a straight wall cartridge. And I have a few of those I will need to do. I just figured for the amount needing done I could go with the Lyman, I already have. This is going to take some thinking on my part as to what to buy. I do appreciate the input from everyone. I hate to overlook something. And then be kicking myself later. Thanks for the heads up on the FA being inconsistent.

I was looking at options too. Owner of a reloading shop recommended one drill mounted options he had, said that he would give me 100% refund if I didn't like it for any reason. Growing tired of the lathe type and wanting more efficient but accurate, I tried it out. So far I have used it on .223, .264, .284, and .308 brass and I am not taking it back.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1020652434?pid=816840
I've been using the Frankford Arsenal trimmer and I like it just fine. I also have the WGT in a cpl of calibers and it works nicely as well..

I've been using the Frankford Arsenal trimmer and I like it just fine. I also have the WGT in a cpl of calibers and it works nicely as well..
Thanks for another positive review on both tools. I was a little concerned about the FA. Seeing how cost efficient it is. I also like the fact it comes in a carrying case with everything needed, but a drill. With a portable loading station, both of these tools would make a good option. Thanks again to all for the feedback.

Thanks for another positive review on both tools. I was a little concerned about the FA. Seeing how cost efficient it is. I also like the fact it comes in a carrying case with everything needed, but a drill. With a portable loading station, both of these tools would make a good option. Thanks again to all for the feedback.
You bet!… I went to the WFT from the old style manual trimmer, and liked them a lot, but I was needing trimmers for some other less used calibers and based on the cost involved with buying different inserts for the WFT, I gave the FA Trimmer a try for those…. To be honest The FA is a bit easier to use due to the Micrometer adjustment. With the WFT you have to manually set the die when changing calibers…. What i ended up doing was using the WFT for my most used gun and just setting it and leaving it and then using the FA for everything else…. If I had it to do all over, knowing what I know now, I would have just purchased the FA To begin with…. I can't justify those high priced trimmers that l lot of these guys invest in. Just me!