Case trimmers

Hi mate, I use and highly recommend the Frankfort Arsenal Platinum electric case prep centre, comes with all the gear to do cases up to 50 cal, is fast and has micro adjustment for case length, inside and outside chamfer and primer pocket cleaner.
I do around 2 thousand 223 cases a year, turning them into 222 for my anschutz rifles and can count on every shell being spot on, hopefully this helps and doesn't confuse things for you,
Regards graham.

I have had several case trimmers in past years. Had issues with all of them with Hornady being worst. I finally broke down and bought a "Henderson" and modified it with motor, variable speed unit, and plate with holders for Case Length Bolts & Three Way Cutters. Works GREAT!!!!!!!!!
Henderson's another "One and Done" purchase. It doesn't just work great… it is so good you can't wait to use it again. Of course I only get a few minutes at a time because 100 rounds goes that fast. Can't find one 0.001 off. Quick and easy change out for different cases. Just the look of the finished product is awesome, smooth and shiny. Oh the joy of case trimming!

WOW…all this case timing talk and no one has mentioned Giraud…crazy.

I bought a desktop model from him years ago and haven't dreaded trimming since…his also trims, chamfer and deburs all in one step.

I use the Lyman universal case trimmer, it's bolted to my reloading table next to my press and for large quantities of ammo (plinking 556, etc), I bought the adapter to connect the power drill to it. I have had better luck with this one in terms of consistency and ease than the Hornady and RCBS.

What`s everyone using for case trimmers? I have a Hornady and I have trouble with varying lengths? I set it for 2.840 for my 7mm STW cases, I take random measurements, some as short as 2.837, some long as 2.845? Is that normal , I realize that`s not much variation but not sure why I get even that much? I was thinking about 1 of the auto trimmers that go off the shoulder of the case? What is the best style of trimmer?
I purchased one from Doug Giraud down in Texas. Mounted in a drill motor, index's off of shoulder. Real happy with it. :D

Recent Posts