Case trimmers

Cinchy

What`s everyone using for case trimmers? I have a Hornady and I have trouble with varying lengths? I set it for 2.840 for my 7mm STW cases, I take random measurements, some as short as 2.837, some long as 2.845? Is that normal , I realize that`s not much variation but not sure why I get even that much? I was thinking about 1 of the auto trimmers that go off the shoulder of the case? What is the best style of trimmer?

What`s everyone using for case trimmers? I have a Hornady and I have trouble with varying lengths? I set it for 2.840 for my 7mm STW cases, I take random measurements, some as short as 2.837, some long as 2.845? Is that normal , I realize that`s not much variation but not sure why I get even that much? I was thinking about 1 of the auto trimmers that go off the shoulder of the case? What is the best style of trimmer?
I have a Hornadyand RCBS and usually get maybe +/- .001" variation. But that's on 308 Win and 5.56/.223. I'd like a Wilson or such because of the inside case reamer options.

Wilson trimmer for low volume trimming.
Henderson for high volume work.
I have a Wilson trimmer available: $45 shipped. No case holders. PM me if interested. Wilson Case Trimmer.jpg

Ive had the wilson, rcbs, redding, and forster. I went back to rcbs from wilson. The wilson is nice but the case holders can add up into a lot of money when you have a number of calibers. I also noticed the case holders wobble slightly while trimming. Sold it and bought a new rcbs and never looked back. Forster is good also. Still have it for reaming necks on the rare occasion its needed. Redding seemed to vary case lengths and cutter dulled quick. Started with rcbs in the 70's and ive batted around and im back. Also, wilson doesnt make case holders for a few cases i shoot.

I have had several case trimmers in past years. Had issues with all of them with Hornady being worst. I finally broke down and bought a "Henderson" and modified it with motor, variable speed unit, and plate with holders for Case Length Bolts & Three Way Cutters. Works GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Henderson Trimmer Modified.jpg
    Henderson Trimmer Modified.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 598
  • Henderson Trimmer.jpg
    Henderson Trimmer.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 175
Started with RCBS pro trimmer and rocket ship chamfer/ deburr tool. My goal is consistent brass for LR shooting and that set up didn't get it done. I added a K&M chamfer tool. Then a Lee chamfer tool. I still wasn't happy with the chamfer quality and it takes a while to trim/chamfer a couple hundred pieces of brass. Ordered a Giraud and 4 months later it showed up with 5 different cutting heads.
Now I can precisely trim/chamfer brass in no time.
I'm a very happy camper.