Case trimmer

new shooter

Ho makes a trimmer that will work for 338 Lapua ? I just tried my lyman trimer it would not fit. I would like to get one with Micrometer Adjustment. Thanks for info. Joe

Ho makes a trimmer that will work for 338 Lapua ? I just tried my lyman trimer it would not fit. I would like to get one with Micrometer Adjustment. Thanks for info. Joe

I like a lot other folks here have been thru a bunch of trimmers in the past. I now use a Wilson with the micrometer attachment. They even make a power attachment now for one of the Black & Decker electric screw drivers. The Sinclair is virtually identical, and probably made by Wilson with their name on it.
gary

I was thinking of getting one but can't find a case holder for the edge can someone help out thanks

I tried out my friend's RCBS the other night. He just took off the handle and attached a cordless drill. I had 15 trimmed in about 3 minutes - all were very consistant.

I'm waiting on a Lee hand held trimmer. I use them for all my other calibers. I just connect the shellholder in the chuck. I can bang out 50 pieces in about 10 minutes. I also keep the brass in there and trim the excess off with a champher tool at the same time.

Note: the hornady version used standard shell holders and you can buy and attachment for a drill for $25. Something to look into.

I was thinking of getting one but can't find a case holder for the edge can someone help out thanks

I have not looked for that case holder in the Wilson, but you might want to check the L.E. Wilson website. Sinclair dosn't carry everything they sell. If they do, be sure tobuy a holder for a new case and a once fired case. If you have the chambering reamer you can make your own case holder with a couple pieces of CRS bar stock (1" I think).
gary

I have not looked for that case holder in the Wilson, but you might want to check the L.E. Wilson website. Sinclair dosn't carry everything they sell. If they do, be sure tobuy a holder for a new case and a once fired case. If you have the chambering reamer you can make your own case holder with a couple pieces of CRS bar stock (1" I think).
gary

Separate new and fired case holders are only needed/offered for cases that have relatively little body taper. Wilson only makes the 338 lapua holder in the fired version.

If you are going to make your own, make sure you have a means of accurately boring the pilot hole at least parallel to the axis of the bar stock, and preferably co-axial.

Andy

Separate new and fired case holders are only needed/offered for cases that have relatively little body taper. Wilson only makes the 338 lapua holder in the fired version.

If you are going to make your own, make sure you have a means of accurately boring the pilot hole at least parallel to the axis of the bar stock, and preferably co-axial.

Andy

shouldn't be that hard to do. Myself, I'd cut the chamber in a piece of Acculloy, as it comes ground on the O.D., and has some of the best machining properties I've ever seen in a pre-treat steel. (Baldwin Steel out of the great state of PA.). Another way to do this is with drill rod or even Thompson Rod. Myself I'd go with the Accuolly. Of course you could use 1.125" stock and shave it on the O.D. after cutting the chamber. But why bother when Wilson already sells one?
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.