Case Trimmer

seidersjoden

What case trimmer will work for my 30/378 now and also work for my future gun a 338 Allen Magnum which is based off a 408 Cheytac case?

Thanks
Joden

Seiders, I have a 30/387 and use the Forster case trimmer after owning another make that wasn't nearly as precise. Forster sent the case holder for the 30/378 since the three that came with the trimmer wouldn't fit. Good luck

Seiders, I have a 30/387 and use the Forster case trimmer after owning another make that wasn't nearly as precise. Forster sent the case holder for the 30/378 since the three that came with the trimmer wouldn't fit. Good luck

So your happy wight he forster trimmer?

On the phone Forster said today that the Forster "Classic" will work for both a 30-378 a 408 cheytac. they said I would use a #8 Collet for the 30-378 and a #7 collet for the 408 cheytac.

Aere they correct? Does the #8 Collet work for the 30-378?

Thanks
Joden

Do you by any chance know who makes a headspace gauge for 30-378, does hornady make one that works, they don't list it for the caliber?

Thanks
Joden

Try the sinclair trimmer it will trim a case 3" long. They utilize the le wilson case holders and they list one for the 378 Weatherby. Might be a bit pricier than the Forster the accuracy in mine has been excellent.

Good luck and shoot straight.

Bob

I spent the $ for the Sinclair/Wilson set-up with the optional mount and am really happy with it. I use it for a 300RUM without issue...It may work for your big boomers. Give them a call and ask. The unit does precision work..gun):)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.