Case trimmer lube

ohiohunter

What kind of lube do you use for your case trimmer? I usually just drip some case sizing lube on the shaft but I've noticed it gets kind of sticky. What should I use?

What kind of lube do you use for your case trimmer? I usually just drip some case sizing lube on the shaft but I've noticed it gets kind of sticky. What should I use?

Just out of curiosity and to better understand.

What part of trimmer are you lubing?
What trimmer are you using?

Just out of curiosity and to better understand.

What part of trimmer are you lubing?
What trimmer are you using?

Just the standard rcbs that comes w/ the kit. The shaft.. not the cutting edge, isn't bright and shiny new plus the adjustment piece comes into flush contact w/ the trimmer which is where I noticed the case lube probably isn't the best. I'll probably drip some M7 or teflon grease on it and see how it works. I didn't know if anyone used anything in particular.

Those 3 are all basically the same, but its the trim pro minus the pro attachemnt aka quick case holder. A shaft that spins in w/ a stopper that contacts the unit flush on the rotating side. Basically you have to flat pieces of metal in contact w/ one another.

Case trimmer-2 09368 to be specific

Those 3 are all basically the same, but its the trim pro minus the pro attachemnt aka quick case holder. A shaft that spins in w/ a stopper that contacts the unit flush on the rotating side. Basically you have to flat pieces of metal in contact w/ one another.

Case trimmer-2 09368 to be specific
Just give it a LIGHT coat of gun oil on all spinning and mating surfaces, this is how my trimmers are lubed. I even lightly lube the pivot point on the handle ball.

Cheers.
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.