Case prep center

Jill and I made this case prep center for us, It is a "HENDERSON" Tri trimmer. It trims the length, chambers the inside and outside. He has newer models now. We just purchased the trimmer and then I made the plate, installed a variable motor with 70 RPM to 1,500 RPM controller, we also have storage to put your length "Stops" and cutters. Works GREAT!!!

I always get new brass, anneal unless it has already been done, debur the flash holes, clean the primer pockets, full length size, turn necks, and then trim for length along chamfering the inside and out of the mouth. After the third firing I re Anneal and turn the necks for the last time the trim for length chamfer each time. There are many case prep stations out there. This Henderson is very accurate – just check reviews. I had a new in the bow box Hornady Prep Center for sale months ago on this site and no one even sent me a post. I ended selling on Ebay for $400. My suggestion is buy the best you can afford. Buy once Cry Once. If you are looking for a Henderson He has a website and You can contact Todd Henderson at 530-5100-691, Tell him Len From Coyotee Tracker Shadow in GA sent you.

Thanks
Len

Attachments

• Henderson Coyote Shadow Tracker Tri Trimmer.jpg
    Henderson Coyote Shadow Tracker Tri Trimmer.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 112
For those that use a case prep center which brand do you favor. My RCBS is running out of life. looking for recommendations on a middle of the road cost.
Goose71, what do you mean "is running out of life"? Is the symptom? The drive motor for turning the 5
tool head spindles slowing down and sounds like the motor is laboring? If this is the case, I have a suggestion. I can't tell you how many decades old mine is, but I can say it has done 10's of 1000"s of rounds, routine neck deburring/brushing, primer pocket carbon cleaning, and (probably the hardest use and pressure on the drive system) cutting the primer crimping ring out of mil .556, .308, 9mm brass. I found what was causing the motor power and drive speed loss of the tool head spindles was the lubricant/grease used inside the base of the unit had dried up into a hard dirty paste. I do think that is caused by both the heat generated by the motor, evaporation of the solvents/oils of the grease and the contaminants from primer carbon dust/brass particles degrading the lubricant. Easy Fix. Remove the screws retaining the underside base plate of the unit ( leaving the motor retaining screws in place) then separate the bottom from the green upper half of the unit. Revealing the large center drive white nylon gear on the motor and the driven individual planetary spindles. Watch for the small metallic thrust washers located on the end of each driven tool spindle. They may stick to the bottom plate. Now remove the thrust washers and
all 5 driven spindles to clean the old had dirty grease off all the drive gears, spindle shafts, and bearing surfaces of both the upper and lower halves of the unit where the spindles seat. I like to use a quality marine waterproof grease like Evenrudes wheel bearing grease (it's reddish in color) it seems to last much longer. Applying plenty of grease to all friction areas and especially the spindle shafts where the trust washers seat in the bottom base plate and the area the shafts pass through the upper half of the units cover. This extra grease at the top of the spindles helps to keep the primer carbon dust and brass debris
from working their way down into the lubricant. I do this now as a maintenance routine when I think it is necessary. Let me know if this fixed your concern on your RCBS case prep.

I have the Frankfort Arsenal Platinum Case prep centre, in my view, it's the best value for money centre as it measures from the shoulder and has a mic adjustment and comes complete for every caliber from 17 to almost 50.
Easy to set up and use but it is American power setup, l am in Australia so I purchased a power step down pack and it works great,
Have done approx 8000 rounds so far and still runs like new.
🐢

I have the Frankfort Arsenal Platinum Case prep centre, in my view, it's the best value for money centre as it measures from the shoulder and has a mic adjustment and comes complete for every caliber from 17 to almost 50.
Easy to set up and use but it is American power setup, l am in Australia so I purchased a power step down pack and it works great,
Have done approx 8000 rounds so far and still runs like new.
🐢
Also a Lyman

I have the Franford Arsenal case trim and prep center, it works great but if I could go back in time I would buy the Giraud hands down.

Taylorbok,what does the Giraud do that makes it so much better?I've heard that from another person too,the price is certainly higher,but is it really that much faster?