Case neck damage due to scope turret

chetraguse

I put a nightforce atacr scope on my 7MM Rem Mag and notice that every time I eject a shell it hits my windage turret and dings the neck. Any advise on how to resolve this. I notice it to on a 6.5 with the same scope.

1. Cycle bolt slower.
2. Lighten ejector spring.
3. Cover port with fingers to catch brass.
4. Taller rings.

Is it an "aftermarket" turret? Or the stock windage knob.

I had the same problem on a NightForce and I purchased a windage knob that was slightly smaller in diameter.

Sorry. I have the same scope on a rem 700 LA 7mm and a rem 700 SA 6.5 creedmoor. Both just factory ejectors. I notice neck damage on both guns.

Are you sure the case is contacting the scope is causing the damage? Have you fired it making sure the case doesn't contact the scope upon ejection? I assume there is no case damage? I have a rem 700 with the same scope, what rings are you running?

i have a 7mm that's a saco finlight and it does the same thing with the scope on it. i just live with it.

How bad is it? Got any pictures?
I see it with auto loaders (AR platforms) as the shell hits the deflector behind the ejection port, but their ejection is more violent than with a bolt gun.

Is it slight enough that your expander smooths it out?
I usually pull my bolt slow enough that my empty just sort of pops up and I take it out with my fingers? They stay cleaner and more organized..Not in the closest mud hole!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.