Case length trimmer

I run the Giraud TriWay trimmers mounted in a drill for my high volume stuff (556, 308, 300 Blk) and an RCBS TrimPro for everything else. The TriWay trims, deburrs, and chamfers in one step, but indexes off the shoulder.

When using my RCBS, I chuck a drill on the end to speed things up. Works great and is very accurate. I've thought about adding the 3-Way to speed things up a bit.

I've used the Forster bench trimmer then went to the RCBS trim pro then I bought the Giraud for my 308's due to volume then I got the Franklin auto collett trimmer for every thing else. The Forster was great but I had to many casings to trim. The RCBS was good but difficult to set up and I just didn't like it to much. The Giruad is wonderful but very expensive. It's easy to set up and I can go through 500 casings in no time. I have it set up for my AR10. I have to many other calibers to get the parts for it. So that's why I bought the Franklin Arsenal case trimmer. It does a great job on the rest of my rifle and pistol casings.

Try the "world's finest case trimmer" buy Lilcrow. It is caliber specific with multiple caliber inserts. Attach to drill. Very fast and precise. Takes about 5 seconds to trim a case. See attached file.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190806-122518.png
    Screenshot_20190806-122518.png
    197 KB · Views: 86
RCBS multi-station case prep center--works like a champ...I love that its trimming the length of one cartridge as I run the just trimmed case through the chamfer, deburr, primer pocket and neck cleaning stations.

Little Crow WFT. I trim a lot of cases for my different rifles. Once you set it up for your case it is very accurate and very fast.
I guess the shoulder vs. neck length might be an issue. I only trim for my cases and don't use unknown garbage left on the range. Don't know anything about what you find on the range. How many times it has been shot, is it ready to separate at the web etc. etc.
I did start out with a Forester and had no issues with it other than I was worried my right arm was going to wear out and my wife would never see me.

Check out the WFT as suggested by others here. It is an outstanding way to accurately trim cases fast. Once set for your chamber, you can check for length and it will be dead nuts on. For my 223, I set the trim length and 4,000+ pieces of brass later it was exactly the same as the first case.

Has anyone used the new Lyman power trimmer? My buddy has one and he really likes it. I haven't used it personally but have seen him use it and it looks to be a good setup and fast too.

I started with Forster. Feel I upgraded when I went with Sinclair. Now I have Sinclair for smaller quantities and a Giraud for 223 and other volume cases.

I started with the Lee trimmers 25-30 yrs ago and still have several case length gauges but haven't used them in years. Matter of fact, I have a 44 SPC gauge on my reloading desk as I type.
Then I found a Forster bench mounted type, maybe Forster made, but it's marked as the "Texan Loader" and used it for years. Only problem, which I recently discovered, is #2 collette (?) that holds the cartridge case head clamps down after several cases and won't let the next case go all the way end and I end up over trimming a case. ****es me off to no end! Especially if it's a Lapua case. Those are "gold" in my mind. LOL.
I purchased the Frankford Arsenal station and use it for mostly everything, 6.5-284, .270AM, .308Win and .300WinMag. For my 6mmBR I had to resort back to the Texan, as the case is so short seems it would be too hard to hold while you're trimming. I haven't physically tried it but just looking at the case and trimmer on the F.A. it doesn't seem likely.
I have looked at the WFT and think that would be a great option, I just haven't bit the bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts