Case cleaning

Stainless steel pins, 4 drops Dawn and H20 does the job to an as new luster than any dry mix I've ever used prior.

Several have mentioned using a polish such as Brasso or Flitz. If there are any fine abrasive granules in the polish, it is likely to stick to the inside of the case and will go out the barrel during the combustion process. The abrasive granules could be vaporized during the combustion process. If not, the next round fired could embed those abrasive granules in the barrel or cause premature barrel wear.

I used to use corn cob media and switched to medium grain rice a few years ago and like it better since very few of the rice grains stick in the primer hole. YMMV. A 5 pound bag can be found for less than $7 at Amazon. I might also add that I tear up a non-scented dryer sheet into several pieces and place in the vibrator with the rice. This helps to keep the rice cleaner and last longer.

Amazon - Medium Grain Rice

Several have mentioned using a polish such as Brasso or Flitz. If there are any fine abrasive granules in the polish, it is likely to stick to the inside of the case and will go out the barrel during the combustion process. The abrasive granules could be vaporized during the combustion process. If not, the next round fired could embed those abrasive granules in the barrel or cause premature barrel wear.

I used to use corn cob media and switched to medium grain rice a few years ago and like it better since very few of the rice grains stick in the primer hole. YMMV. A 5 pound bag can be found for less than $7 at Amazon. I might also add that I tear up a non-scented dryer sheet into several pieces and place in the vibrator with the rice. This helps to keep the rice cleaner and last longer.

How long do you vibratory tumble with medium grain rice?

Lemi-shine, few drops dish soap and water, dry in front of fan. Franklin arsenal rotary tumbler. So nice to not deal with media and brass comes out new. I do clean primer pockets on prep center before washing.

The dryer sheets seem to help control the dust if used with corn cob media.

I have used both types. Currently, I'm using the Frankfort arsenal rotary wet tumbler with their solution and SS chips. I found the pins got clogged in the cases and the chips are less prone to do so. Instead of Lemishine, I use a rinse cycle of DI water and dishwasher rinse solution like Finish that goes into the reservoir to dry dishes. A teaspoon in the final rinse cycle virtually eliminates spotting. Dry in a food dehydrator I picked up at a thrift store. The last batch I did sat on the bench for 3 weeks and not a spot or tarnish to be found. Since brass is an expensive reusable component, I tend to be very fussy about it.

How long do you vibratory tumble with medium grain rice?
Until I think it looks clean.......seriously, not sure it is critical. Sometimes it is an hour or two or sometimes I have to leave and it has been 4 hours and didn't seem to hurt the brass.