Cartridges for lazy load developers

T
I bought a Win Model 70 in .270 win from Walmart on sale for $300.00. I put a Nikon Buckmaster scope on it then bore-sighted it. I bought a box of Winchester 130gr and went to the range. The first two shots went through the same hole with the third touching the first two. Three rounds of stock ammo and I was good to go...
That's when I quit reloading too, only way more expensively. Win Model 70 wouldn't shoot; chamber and barrel misaligned as it turned out. Blueprint + Lilja fixed it. Had some Federal Premium with 180gr Barnes. Same result as you. Haven't loaded a round since.

Remington 700 SPS Varmint barrel in 22-250. Shot white box ammo great. Then reloading for my first time, without ladder test or OCW, I just loaded 5 of each grain wt. where I wanted the speed the manual says I should get. Hit 3600 and it was one holers. Never tweaked it again.

Have you experienced a cartridge that took nearly zero load development?
Weatherby cartridges and the barnes ttsx/lrx.
Fill case with H4831sc to max for that cartridge
Load barnes to~ 3.360 coal/ 2.730 cbto.
The barnes just flat out love to get pushed fast and dont give a hoot about some extra freebore.

Likewise the nosler accubond in aforementioned weatherby cartridges.

I have experienced minimal load development effort for the past 10 years with four 6.5x284's(2 factory, 2 Custom ) all chambered to the Norma spec with a .188" throat, and light varmint(.73"-.83 muzzle OD or larger) All four rifles shot sub.5MOA to 1000 yards with same charge weight of H4831sc, Fed210M primers and Lapua brass. All four also shot sub .5MOA using Retumbo, with same brass/primers, but with a 1gr variation in charge weight in two of the rifles. . 140 Berger HVLD, 142SMK, JLK 142 HVLD bullets were used with little to no variation in group size or velocity with both powders.

I have experienced minimal load development effort for the past 10 years with four 6.5x284's(2 factory, 2 Custom ) all chambered to the Norma spec with a .188" throat, and light varmint(.73"-.83 muzzle OD or larger) All four rifles shot sub.5MOA to 1000 yards with same charge weight of H4831sc, Fed210M primers and Lapua brass. All four also shot sub .5MOA using Retumbo, with same brass/primers, but with a 1gr variation in charge weight in two of the rifles. . 140 Berger HVLD, 142SMK, JLK 142 HVLD bullets were used with little to no variation in group size or velocity with both powders.
I have similar experiences with rifles of same caliber

The barnes just flat out love to get pushed fast and dont give a hoot about some extra freebore.

I need to try the H4831 just to have a fourth option in powder

Andrew, what caliber are you talking about here? 243?

+1 on the Weatherby Barnes TTSX H-4831SC thing. It works for my three .300s but I use H1000 for the .257. Load development for those was easy. They have loads of freebore and accuracy isn't much dependent on seating depth. The .257 and one of the .300s are easily 0.5 MOA guns. The other two are maybe .75 MOA.

I found 300 ultra in two different varmint profile barrels very easy to find a load for (208 a max )

Also it can be the projectile that can be very versatile and easy to load. The .30 cal Speer 130gr hp flat base is an excellent example. It shoots clusters in every 308 I have owned with very little load development.

I used to have an AR upper from DTech in 6x45, that would shoot,every load combination I tried, .25 moa out to 300 yards. Didnt matter which bullet, powder, or charge weights, all grouped VERY well.

I found 300 ultra in two different varmint profile barrels very easy to find a load for (208 a max )

Also it can be the projectile that can be very versatile and easy to load. The .30 cal Speer 130gr hp flat base is an excellent example. It shoots clusters in every 308 I have owned with very little load development.
I haven't shot the 208 amax but I have shot the 208 eld. It seems to be a great shooting bullet. I'm interested in the 300 ultra. Was your chambers standard saami or cip?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.