Cartridge to send 215 Berger’s at 3k fps in 22” barrel?

Is there a cartridge out there that will send the 215 at 3,000 fps in a 22" barrel? I thought maybe the 30 Nosler with N570 or a 300 RUM with Retumbo, H1000, or N570. After packing around long barrels, I've been switching to shorter barrels and really like that 22" range with a brake. Anything come to mind without a ton of fireforming? I'd probably have DE chamber with their +P throat to add a little velocity.
Id go with the 30 Nosler throated for 215's, there's no need to screw around with wildcats when ADG and Peterson both make brass for it and case capacity is around 100 grains.

The only problem I see is your not going to be burning all of the powder. Are you going to run a CAN on it?

Nope, just looking to get the velocity I had in my WM in a short package for packing around strapped in my pack and hunting more and more timber. I'm good with loosing some efficiency of the actual cartridge I pick as long as I can match my 300 WM ballistics (which for me is 3k with a 215 berger, but in a 28" barrel). I like the balance of a 22" better as well. I do understand I won't be taking advantage of the true potential for the cartridge, which is OK for me with this particular build.

the answer to your question is of course

300 RAZOR !

factory mfr, headstamped brass that is good for 20 shots, each case is 100% identical in weight, length, h20 capacity ... no sorting and culling, no fireforming, correct headstamp and same "mag" boltface as the 375 H&H Magnum family of cartridges

box mag and detachable magazine compliant with high bc hunting bullets

454F13BE-4A2C-47AF-9C9C-B12E0F0A17A1.jpeg

42177307-5365-42BB-8D3E-503BCEA5B447.jpeg

5AC5D6F5-6B2A-4F77-AF45-36A19DEADCC2.jpeg

the answer to your question is of course

300 RAZOR !

factory mfr, headstamped brass that is good for 20 shots, each case is 100% identical in weight, length, h20 capacity ... no sorting and culling, no fireforming, correct headstamp and same "mag" boltface as the 375 H&H Magnum family of cartridges

box mag and detachable magazine compliant with high bc hunting bullets

View attachment 228002
View attachment 228003
View attachment 228004
As always, bad arse wildcat! :)

Try out gordons reloading tool.
Nice software to simulate with an larg caliber database. Powder database is rather poor except for vithaovouri powders(despite im an scandinavian i never get that spelled correctly)
Vithaovouri sounds Irish to me. LOL

My barrel is 25" ...this post has me thinking about a 22" barrel with the +p treatment. I hate to give up the 230 gr . But I have seen and heard so many good things on the 215 berger , it's just Amazing they say .
My Son in law took a Mountain Mule Deer at 705 yards with his 300 win. & the 215 berger . One and Done !
Two Elk so far and one and Done !
They must be good !!

Rum Man

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.