Cartridge to send 215 Berger’s at 3k fps in 22” barrel?

Dave Tooley has been playing with it for years, he had it called the 30 Boo Boo
Yes he did!
I designed mine in 2010 I believe, and I think Dave was shooting a 30 degree in some version at that time?
What was crazy was when Hornady came out with the PRC in late 2017, I could have shot there ammo but for too tight a neck because of my turning down the 375 brass🙂

Last edited:
What was crazy was when Hornady came out with the PRC in late 2017, I could have shot there ammo but for too tight a neck because of my turning down the 375 brass🙂
I have to turn the necks on my 6mm Ackley and 6mm PPC, but on a hunting rig I don't. I can still reload better than factory ammo. 😁

Yes, ADG brass, Hornady Match dies, and reamers all in stock

I took a look. It looks like your brass for the 30 Sherman Mag is 30 Sherman stamped 300 PRC brass correct? It will still need to have a reduced load to blow the neck out? Just want to make sure I'm not misreading your website. In other words, a guy could run 300 PRC or 30 Sherman Mag brass but both require a fire form.

Defiance lists the antiXM with a .595 boltface on their website. Is this an error?

Probably not. When I talked to them I specifically asked about a LA in .595 bolt face and they said no. Honestly, it was the week of their initial release and I never looked again. It's very possible they are making one now and you are right. I personally prefer the anTi over the anTi X however, not sure if they list one for the anTi. Thanks for pointing that out. It may bring more options back on the table.

I took a look. It looks like your brass for the 30 Sherman Mag is 30 Sherman stamped 300 PRC brass correct? It will still need to have a reduced load to blow the neck out? Just want to make sure I'm not misreading your website. In other words, a guy could run 300 PRC or 30 Sherman Mag brass but both require a fire form.
It does need blowing out. It comes 300 prc

Probably not. When I talked to them I specifically asked about a LA in .595 bolt face and they said no. Honestly, it was the week of their initial release and I never looked again. It's very possible they are making one now and you are right. I personally prefer the anTi over the anTi X however, not sure if they list one for the anTi. Thanks for pointing that out. It may bring more options back on the table.

Indeed, I was mistaken. Thanks for setting me straight @L.Sherm

Are there any other differences between the anTi and the anTi-X other than the scope mounting? Thanks for the informative thread!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.