Cartridge help with my available parts...

Well, this is above my pay grade but my vote is for the 6.5 x 47. It's really cute and a pussycat to shoot. Easy to reload for as well and quite forgiving. I don't worry about brass. I got 200 pieces and with an average of 12-14 cycles per piece, I figure I'll shoot the barrel out before I need more. Just my .02

I have had two 6.5SLRs. Amazing round. But, if you want a no-turn neck, make sure you use R-P or Win brass. They have same thickness shoulder and neck material. I use R-P .243Win brass. Bought 500 pieces with my first one, culled about 50 that were more than 1gr out of spec. Out of those 450, I still have about 430. Some had 8-10 firings on them, some only one.
Not sure if Peterson does or not.
Lapua, Alpha, ADG, Nosler, etc. all have thicker shoulder material than their necks, which creates a donut.

But, if you want a no-turn neck, make sure you use R-P or Win brass. Not sure if Peterson does or not.
Lapua, Alpha, ADG, Nosler, etc. all have thicker shoulder material than their necks, which creates a donut.

I know this is more work (and somewhat off subject, I apologize...) but if you wanted to use the tougher brass, such as stated, would it be better to use an inside neck reamer or run the brass through the expander ball and then outside neck turn it?

I have never turned necks or anything, the question is more out of curiosity.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.