Cartridge Comparison Pro’s/Con’s

I am looking to have my first rifle build. I am looking for a versatile , kind of do it all cartridge that I can shoot paper, coyote hunt as well as hunt antelope, whitetails and mule deer with. I would like to be able to target shoot to 1000 yards, and be able to effectively extend my hunting range to 600 or so yards. I believe a 6mm offers good ballistics without additional recoil and muzzle blast. I would also like to shoot it suppressed (TBAC Ultra 7 Gen 2) without sacrificing any more performance than necessary.

So, which cartridge should I go with? 6x47 Lapua, 6xc, 6 Creedmoor or 243 Ackley Improved? I do reload.

I like the idea of "wildcat" cartridges with a custom rifle, if nothing more than to be different and "cool". The Creed offers factory ammo and performance, but is more mainstream if you will (plus and a minus). The 243AI, offers option of factory while providing a wildcat factor, however, I do not know much about it and the performance in comparison. The 6x47L and 6xc offer wildcat coolness, but less performance to the other 2. I would prefer proper headstamp brass (within reason), but not absolutely required.

What would you do, what barrel length and what can I expect for performance? I would like to shoot the ever popular 105 Hybrid, 108 ELDm and possibly 115 Berger. Probably be a 7 or 7.5 twist as I live at 1000 ft elevation and it gets cold here. Any issues shooting 70-87 grain bullets out of a 7 twist?

Love to hear your opinions.

Parts for build that I am leaning towards:
Big Horn Origin
Rock Creek Carbon 7 or 7.5 tw ?
Mesa Precision Adjustable Stock
Hawkins or HS DBM ?
Trigger Tech Primary Trigger
Hawkins Rings
Leupold VX5hd or Mark 5HD ?

Thanks.
Steve
.257 Weatherby Magnum

Getting back to what the op asked....6mm's. I have a 6.5x284 and love it. Easy to load. It eats everything moa.

I think a Creedmoor, 6mm AI, weatherby, XC, will all do great at +/- 800 yards. Practice makes perfect.

25 something. Been smoking coyotes and whitetails for 20 years with the 2506.
85's at 3580 and 100's at 3215.
Go heavy and fast twist for 1000 yards

But does lapua, Peterson, or ADG?
Yes, ADG sells 7RM brass, you just run it through a 264WM die and you have 264WM brass.
I have no choice doing this as no brass or loaded ammo are imported here.
The ADG brass I ordered never showed. So I used Remington brass which was all that was available.
I have a few 264WM's and if you can build something similar in weight as a Winchester Model 70 EW, then you would have a fantastic long range lightweight rifle.
I also have a 6.4x47, but it weighs 15lbs.

Cheers.

I will add, that a 25-06 is a more emphatic killer than any 6mm. I have personally taken NZ Elk with a 25-05, which I have 3 of, 2 have 26" barrels and 1 has a 24" barrel and they all drive tacks.
I would recommend a 25-06 to an accomplished shooter and reloader, it is not a cartridge for a basic reloader, it requires powders that are slower than most manuals suggest and needs extra care taken when loading powders like RE25, Retumbo and US869. I also use magnum primers in all loads.

Cheers.

So I am currently looking at a 7 SS on short action or 7 saum (xm action).

Trying to decide if the XM action is more of a hassle and expense than just going with the Sherman. I would probably do a Sherman without hesitation if it wasn't for the Hornady dies. I prefer a micrometer seater. I'm a new reloader and use Redding micrometer seater dies and Redding competition shell holders.

Also, can't find Reloder 26 or anything like than ANYWHERE!

Steve