Carrying a rifle on ATV?

azdesertrat

So I've been trying to figure out a good way to carry my rifle on my quad while being able to keep my bipod attached, the best I've come up with is to use u-bolts to bolt a good hard case to the front rack (of course I'd have to reinforce where I bolt threw the case bottom). I'm curious if anyone else has done or seen this done? I would hate to ruin a good case without asking first

I agree. I want one that I can leave my silencer on the rifle. Maybe we should suggest that to a few companies. The only other option I can think of off the top of my head is to turn the bipods around pointing backwards while in the gun boot.

Took my own advice. Just sent KOLPIN a suggestion.

Yea that's a good idea, might have to message McMillan and maby gunwerks. It'd defiantly be a money making product, I'm sure there's more than enough of us that use atv\utv's that would spend a chunk of change to protect our investment especially if can be configured to any set up

Messages McMillan, gunwerks and plano, hopefully someone deems it worth pursuing.

Got a reply from Kolpin today.

We always appreciate hearing input from our customers! We just released out Kolpin Stronghold Gun Boot which would accommodate bipods and a slightly longer firearm up to 53" in length. Please see attached pictures for the size difference between the 6.0 and the Stronghold.
Currently there are no plans of releasing a gun boot that would add 6-10" of length. The overall length of a boot that's extended an additional 10" would exceed the total width of most machines that these are used on.

Again, we appreciate your input!

Thanks,

Andy Kovalik
Technical Services
Kolpin Outdoors, Inc. & Cycle Country
Company Line: 877-956-5746

Told them most ATV's run them parallel with the machine anyway. Think again

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.