Caribou Outfitter Suggestions Needed

drenner43

I didn't really know where to post this so I'm posting it here and in how to hunt since there is no caribou specific page. One or both can be moved or deleted or whatever needs done.

Dad and I are planning a Caribou hunt for either 2012 or 2013 and I'm looking for any outfitter suggestions you all might have. I'm looking to either go in Quebec or Manitoba. Thanks

What type of caribou do you want to hunt Woodland or Barren Ground?
If you are not set on Manitoba or Quebec I wold suggest Barry Taylors Arctic Safaris out of Yellowknife NT. You mayalso get some fishing in for Arctic Char, Grayling, Lake Trout and perhaps Ptarmigan.

Arctic Safaris
Barry Taylor
Box 1294, Yellow Knife, NWT, X1A 2N9

T: (867) 873-3212
F: (867) 873-9008

Four years ago I went with my father and two oldest children (16 and 14) with Sammy Catafino from Ungava Adventures. We hunted out of Charlie Lake camp and had a great experience. We killed 8 bulls none were huge but that was the migration that week. Some were close to camp 200 yards, some further 3.5 miles. Some by hiking some by boat. If there wasn't so many things to hunt in the world I would not hesitate to go with them again.

Club Chambeux. Have gone 8 years in a row. Before that, we used a few other big name outfitters up there in Quebec. Won't name names, but Club Chambeux is by far the best in Quebec, IMO. You will get both your caribou. They always seem to find us big bulls. Leaf River bulls and/or George River bulls I believe is what there called, or where there from. Thats not actually the name of the caribou, just where there from. One seems to be a little darker or lighter than the other. Good outfit. 100% on both. Checkem out.

I will check out Ungava adventures.

If you dont mind could you please tell me the other outfitters you used that you had negative experiences with and why they were so bad? I understand you are trying not to smear names but I would also like the information to prevent myself from being part of a bad experience for my frist guided hunt.

Also, dont take this the wrong way at all, I am not contradicting you or anything of the sort. But as soon as you mentioned Club Chambeux I immediately remembered that name from the many negative reviews on them on nexthunt.com. But, nobody is going to always have positive reviews either.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.