Care package from Fort Shaw - 1st. 7mm Allen Magnum

All I can say is wow, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I want one. That rifle is a thing of beauty, absolutley awsome.

Kirby, have you built for any customers here in the UK?

**** it that is a nice looking gun, it is just driving me nuts I have looked at it like 12 times today. There is something about the stock and barrel and the whole setup that just looks **** nice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My 270AM is about to get a facelift with a savage 12bvss laminate stock. I really think this is gonna make the gun look a lot better and help me to be able to get down on the gun more comfortable.

take it easy
steve

SS7mm

I would pick a different color of stock and I am not sure why you think you will need more than one shot with a gun that shoots that well. Of course anybody who drives a bowtie and needs a few more ci of displacement would get the wrong color of stock and more bullet displacement. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Other than that I totally agree with your choices. My Nesika is sitting in the cabinet waiting on the pages of the calendar to turn a few more times.

Looks really good. Hope you get an opportunity to shoot something with it before the season is over.

Roy:

The A-5 is nice but you've gotta go with what you like.

As it sits, ready to launch little missles, it weighs 15#. I had talked to Kirby and set that as a top limit and that's right where it came in at.

Kirby:

The first kid is doing great and seriously wants to come out and play. I've got about 50 down the tube so far and it just gets better. Today, during some slack time hunting, I shot it at 300, 575, 845 and 1440 yards. Piece of cake.

I was just getting set up for the 1440 when a couple of hunters stopped to see what was going on. I told them I was going to try the new rifle out at a slightly extended range. They commented something like, 300 yards???. I told them no that we'd had 'er out to 845 and was going to try 1440 now. After they picked their jaws up I showed them what I had ranged.

A snadstone rock had broken off and had a nice flat face that with the range finder and the 2 moa hash marks appeared to be about 16"-18" square. I knew there was a slight wind from the left but told them I'd not allow for the wind on the first shot but would allow for it on the follow ups. First round down range hit at the left edge of the flat face. After allowing for the known wind drift the next 2 went pretty much center mass and we declared the rock dead. They were slightly amazed and very quiet. The big 200 Wildcat hit with a whack easily heard and the dust from the center of the rock was impressive. I think we may have a couple of long range believers now.

This thing is awesome. So far, it's pretty automatic. The sucker flat shoots. I can't wait to get the fire forms done and get with the full tilt loads. I'm hoping to be working with full tilt loads by the middle of next week.

Even with the fire form loads though, I'd not hesitate to take on any deer or elk. The big 200's have tremendous energy even at the reduced velocities.

This barrel was about like the 270 Lilja barrel in that at about 6 rounds or so the cleaning became a 2, or at the most, a 3 patch job. She cleans like a dream and amazingly a cold clean bore shot groups right with the next shots. The groups I had posted above all were fired after a through cleaning.

Sorry for not getting this info to you sooner but hunting comes first!!!

It was a pleasure working with you from the planning stages all the way through to shipment of the final product. She's a beauty and everyone that sees it either wants one or hates me. Funny how that works. I wouldn't hesitate to do another project with you when the time comes and it goes without saying that I recommend you and your work very highly.

For those thinking about the throating issue: I had it throated to be used primarily as a single shot with the big 200 grain Wildcat ULD RBBT's. I also wanted to have the ability to work up a secondary, shorter round to be used with the DBM when a repeater might be necessary. I would imagine that after work up of the shorter round, very few will ever be fired but the second choice will be nice.

Oh yeah, and before I forget, thanks to Richard Graves for the awesome little missles I get to shoot in this thing. Without them it wouldn't be nearly so much fun.

Thnk you for all of your work and yup.............We done good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lerch:

Thanks. Yeah it kinda grows on you doesn't it.

When we were in the planning stages I'd go through the components with Kirby and a decision would be made. Each time all he'd say was, it's like you're reading my mind and building it the way I'd build a personal gun.

All of the stages were fun but finally seeing the finished product made it all worth while.

The overall color combination and look of the gun came out even better than I thought it would. I can stop along the road up in the hills, set it out on the flat top on the back of the truck and as long as we sit there people will stop and look at it and want to know all about it. I think I might have to start charging Kirby an advertising fee. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That laminate stock will give your 270 a major face lift. Git 'er done, and then post pictures.

Alright ss7mm thats a nice looking stick!!
Now I'm gonna be scraping around trying to afford one of those!
Beutifull rig ss!!!
Nice work Kirby!!

Great looking stick !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keep the dirt out of that Nesika..she's tight.
I have a Nesika J in 6br and it shoots AWESOME !!

Have Fun,
Eddie F.

ss7mm,

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>I think I might have to start charging Kirby an advertising fee. </pre><hr />

That's an idea!!! LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif That'll help on the next project! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Jusk kitting Kirby!!!
Congratualtions, ss7mm!

Guys I really screwed up and for this I apologize to Kirby.

These are the first pics of the 7mm AM that Kirby took before it could be pried out of his hands. These should have been the first pics in this post. I just got excited and messed up. Anyway these are Kirby's first pics before shipping.

336252.jpg

336253.jpg

336255.jpg

Now I feel better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts