CarbonSix prefits

livetohunt

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
I'm wanting to do my next build myself. While I might have the lathe and tooling to do the chambering myself... I don't have the time. So I want to get a prefit.

Currently leaning towards CarbonSix. I'm planning on a Defiance AnTi action for a lightweight build. The only option I see on there website was for Remington 700 threading. My question is how do they know the headspace to make this to?

Thanks!

Ken

Oregon Mountain Rifles does prefit carbon barrels. Get a headspace gauge for your caliber and go.

I'm wanting to do my next build myself. While I might have the lathe and tooling to do the chambering myself... I don't have the time. So I want to get a prefit.

Currently leaning towards CarbonSix. I'm planning on a Defiance AnTi action for a lightweight build. The only option I see on there website was for Remington 700 threading. My question is how do they know the headspace to make this to?

Thanks!

Ken
They use McGowan blanks... Don't do it
I've had really hit or miss luck.
All of the McGowans I've owned were terrible for copper fouling, and only one was really accurate.
Go with proof, Bartlein, or anyone who actually makes a precision barrel.
You'll be be glad you did

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.