Carbon Six Barrel Review

awesome to hear. Ordered a 243 AI about 2 weeks ago. remage barrel. I had a mcgowen 6.5x47 built on a savage target action and it was one of the best shooters i have ever owned

How does it look in the stock?

I understand they just taper them down from the shank to the muzzle, im worried about stock inlet

Sounds great, ordered a .338 a month ago, and I like their options, 1.350" shank, 9 twist, 29", 3/4x28 muzzle threading, magnum contour, and they give a LE/MIL discount as well. All these custom/extra options, and still well under $700.

Finally getting a magnum contour 9 twist .338 barrel put on a stiller tac 338 that is going to be a .338 Norma. Hope to be shooting it in the coming months.

Ordered an 18" 6mm barrel last night. They had a 10% off Black Friday special going and I paid 580 bucks for the barrel. Eager to try her out!

Just got mine put together and broken in.
17.5" 1:8 twist carbonsix magnum contour chambered by Straightjacket Armory. It shot the factory 105 hornady black, 108 eld m and 87 gr vmax extremely well. Smallest groups were 1 hole and largest were just over 1/2 minute. 108 and 105 had exact same poi and shot inside the same group. 87 vmax printed .5" higher. Super happy with the barrel and would buy again. It broke in very quick (10-12 rounds) and cleans up super easy.
Build info:
6mm Creedmoor
-Manners mcs-cs elite with gen 2 mini chassis
-Triggertech special, flat shoe
-Bighorn origin action with bolt handle on the correct side :)
-Leupold vx5 hd 3-15x44 windex
-ARC m-10 low rings
-Rifle weighs 10.5 lbs all up with a loaded 5 round mag and bipod attaches. Will weigh 11.5 with can if it ever gets out of jail ~350 days now....

Attachments

• 733DE2E5-ED6A-4E40-9079-1D26CDD7EC1E.jpeg
    733DE2E5-ED6A-4E40-9079-1D26CDD7EC1E.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 385
Last edited:
I'm very excited to get mine finished, I had to order a new stock so waiting for that and my smith said he's hoping to get to it soon.
It will be 24" featherweight contour in 6mm creed. It was supposed to be 22" but idk if there was miss communication between me and the smith or the smith and CarbonSix when ordering... oh well, not the end of the world, just gonna be slightly longer with the can on.

Some update.
I shot mine with some factory Hornady Precision 103 ELD-X. Was grouping anywhere from under .5moa-1moa. I don't plan on using factory ammo, just haven't had an opportunity to do any load development yet.

Attachments

• IMG_3829.JPG
    IMG_3829.JPG
    842.5 KB · Views: 535
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.