Carbon ring management?

Chrisjan

I run a very tight non turn neck on my Dasher. But when measuring the COAL on a clean barrel vs a 150 plus shots, it vary by about .015 in length. So when loading .01 from the lands wit my 70gr BT, after about 25 shots the bullet gets suck in the lands.

I am not one to clean my barrel to death, and frequent cleans on a hunt is not always possible.

Will the carbon ring stay the same for x amount of shots? What is the best way to consistency? The long range guys cleans a lot less. My best groups was shot with 120 shots down the tube..

It's hard for me to understand this as a carbon ring.
Not that you aren't developing one, somewhere, but I've never heard of a carbon ring changing MaxOgvOAL, nor gripping a chambered bullet.
What is the throat diameter of your chamber?

It's hard for me to understand this as a carbon ring.
Not that you aren't developing one, somewhere, but I've never heard of a carbon ring changing MaxOgvOAL, nor gripping a chambered bullet.
What is the throat diameter of your chamber?

Hi Mikecr.

A loaded round measures .266, my reamer specs are .268 neck, 065 freebore and 1.5 deg lead angle. A fired neck measures .2765, I am not loading past the doughnut area. I full lenth resize with only 80% of the neck with whidden die set.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts