Carbon Fouling?

Bore Tech Eliminator works great on carbon and will get after the copper pretty good.

GM top end engine cleaner from your local Chevy dealer will work great on carbon also!!-- RHB

Bore Tech Eliminator works great on carbon and will get after the copper pretty good.

GM top end engine cleaner from your local Chevy dealer will work great on carbon also!!-- RHB

+1
For both products !!!

Also if you pull a bore snake through the bore every time you fire,(If possible) it will hold
carbon fouling to a minimum.

J E CUSTOM

Another old timer that works pretty well if you leave it in overnight is Kroil. Sometimes you can get a carbon ring buildup right ahead of the throat area which will destroy accuracy. Leave Kroil in for a couple days then rotate a bore bruch to remove it. It also leaves a nice light oil coating in the bore after dry patching......Rich

Another old timer that works pretty well if you leave it in overnight is Kroil. Sometimes you can get a carbon ring buildup right ahead of the throat area which will destroy accuracy. Leave Kroil in for a couple days then rotate a bore bruch to remove it. It also leaves a nice light oil coating in the bore after dry patching......Rich

Use a bore "brush" rather than a bore bruch:D....Rich

Use a bore "brush" rather than a bore bruch:D....Rich

Man I'm sure glad you corrected that ! I have been looking all over for one of them.

Just kidding .

I have a spell of red neck every now and then my self and when I proof read my post
I crack myself up.

J E CUSTOM

Man I'm sure glad you corrected that ! I have been looking all over for one of them.

Just kidding .

I have a spell of red neck every now and then my self and when I proof read my post
I crack myself up.

J E CUSTOM

Hi JE.....I might have some bullets for you to try before too long.......Rich

I use sweets for copper fouling but what do you guys like to use to clean the carbon out? Thanks
I use Shooters Choice bore cleaner followed by Gunslick foaming bore cleaner. I use loose fitting patches to apply shooters choice, followed by tight dry patches, then the foam. Repeat the foam until first dry patch shows no carbon or copper color. I have'nt used a brush with this method. Clean often and take the cleaning supplies to the range also.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.