Carbon Fiber Float Tubes

My buddy tried it (I can't remember what brand), seemed to work ok. I'd worry about the stud breaking out in really cold weather. My friend sold his rig before he had a chance to try it in the cold.

I read on another forum where a guy lost the bipod rail so he drilled all the way through and locited a nut on the screws for the new rail. I'm now thinking either a JP Enterprise Modular or a Yankee Hill Smooth Tube. IF I CAN FIND A BCG OR BCG PARTS.THIS IS GETTING INSANE. People who never owned an AR now think they need one at an inflated price. My winter build should have been a summer build when i eas thinking about it.

You should be putting some sort of locking washer on the back, regardless if it's aluminum or carbon fiber.

There are a LOT of different systems out there that are designed in this matter.

My upper with carbon fiber handguard came with a semi-circle of aluminum with a hole drilled throung the bottom and a bipod stud.

Are carbon fiber hand guards strong enough to support a bipod? I'm concerned about drilling the hole for the stud.

Nice! Is it a standard sling swivel stud? Could you tell us the particular brand, or give us a link?

That sounds like the Clark hand guard.

Here's how I did my 6.8 SPC. I used a 2" sanding drum to shape the Magpul short rail.

68-4.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.