Carbon Barrel Suggestion

tweek1142

what is the consensus on Carbon Six barrels vs proof research? Which one is consistently more accurate. I'm wanting to build either a 6.5 PRC or a 7 SAUM on a tikka action. Any advice would be great.

thanks

I have a hell's carbon and it shoots wicked, my buddy has a hardy and it's too accurate lol, I've heard excellent things about carbon six. I wouldn't buy proof though

Toss up had equal accuracy out of both. Carbon six slightly heavier I think has longer shank if I remember right. Buy either with confidence

With Bartleins reputation for accuracy and dependability, I'm going with a Bartlein. I know Proof has had alot of time building and proving themselves and have excellent CFW barrels. I'm just gonna stick with the barrel I've had the most accuracy out of. That's Bartlein. Even tho I'm a hunter and not a competitor, I've never heard the Proof Research name on the list of winning competition barrels. It was a real toss up tho. Almost went the other way. It was just my past experience with Bartlein that made the decision for me. That said, I'll try a Proof on my next CFW build for if no other reason, to compare the two. I do know Proof makes a little lighter barrel than Bartlein when compared identical contour/length barrels.

I can only speak for what I have - a 26" Proof Research carbon fiber 300 PRC barrel. I'd buy another Proof without hesitation. Why? 0.30MOA in this hunting rifle. I also get .36MOA from a Bartlein SS gain twist barrel in my 7mm mag hunting rifle.

I do know Proof makes a little lighter barrel than Bartlein when compared identical contour/length barrels
Yeah that made my Decision to go with a Proof 5- 6 ozs lighter. I know I heard they had some problems awhile ago I did some digging because I live close and they supposably got it straightened out.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.