Carbide Expander Buttons

Nimrodmar10

Some company, maybe Bonanza, used to make carbide expander buttons for resizing dies. I'd like to have one for a RCBS 7mm die. Does anyone make anything like that any more? I'd even buy the dies to get the carbide expander.

Some company, maybe Bonanza, used to make carbide expander buttons for resizing dies. I'd like to have one for a RCBS 7mm die. Does anyone make anything like that any more? I'd even buy the dies to get the carbide expander.

I think it was Hornaday or Redding. I wish they'd make them for Forster dies.
gary

I suppose everyone should try them, they do make withdrawing the expander easier.

I bought a couple when Hornady made them for RCBS dies (But not for their own. ??) maybe 25 - 30 years ago. Never got any more tho and rarely use the two I got. Seems the contact surface is so short and loosely held the necks give way to the thin side easily. That leaves necks bent much more than Lee's long expanders do - I can't load straight ammo in a bent neck!

I found them on Lymans site. They work eith RCBS dies. The button floats on the stem so that it self centers in thr neck. I ordered a 7mm and a 30 cal.

I just found them at Sinclairs in 7mm and they have an adapter for RCBS dies. They are $26 for the entire assembly. It looks like that should work.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.