Canted base's effect on angle sine indicators

dust

Was looking at the different ASIs, from the Horus Vision which seems hit and miss on the site, to the Flatline OPS or the Defensive Edge one. But before getting to that part, I have to ask what part a canted base will play in rendering the ASI inaccurate? I don't know the math to figure it out, hence I am asking those that know more than me. Looking at it for a .22LR that will get a 25-50 MOA base for the Best of the West range. I know it might not be that useful, but I think that it's help in learning what's going on in the mechanics will make it worthwhile.

1 degree = 60 MOA

Is the resolution of the device you're considering fine enough to read <1degree?

That's the thing, I don't own any of them yet. I was just wondering if it would be as simple as offsetting, or if any of them could be adjusted, etc.

i don't think the base angle matters at all. it's the line of sight through the scope compared to gravity and the horizontal distance.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.