Can't lower my S.D. HELP!!!

I am shooting all the rounds at once. I try to shoot 20 in a string. Depending on the temp I will shoot 3 shot groups and let the barrel cool in between. I don't clean at all during the string.

The weather was sunny but where my chrono was it was in the shade. I was using IR screens.

If the chrony is lying to you as others have experienced and you don't have access to another for comparison, then you might try (a) shoot another rifle and good load to see how that chrony's, (b) go ahead and try your 300wm at long range. If it groups well, then perhaps the chrony is still suspect. If it strings somewhat vertically, then it may be telling the truth.

In any case, you'll save money with Lapua brass. ...easier/better prep/quality/concentricity, fewer shots wasted, and more reloadings.

I don't know how much sorting you have done with your brass but I'm not a big fan of Hornady brand! I've also found they are resistant to fire forming (tend to split a lot of shoulders) this tells me they are quite brittle. Just a thought....Rich

I tried from 73grs. to 77grs. Loads in the 76 range were the most accurate, and consistant from charge to charge.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.