Can't bed a Tikka T3 ??????????????

Tikka Lover

Official LRH SPONSOR
A local gunsmith told me it wasn't needed because of where the recoil lug is located and it can't get any better than it already is. Has anyone has there T3 bedded? I can't believe this would be true. Mine is a synthetic stock of course. If you have pics that would be great. Thanks

Any gun can be bedded and most all ebnifit from bedding especialy piller bedding if you take the actionout of the stock at all for cleaning.

I've never looked at a T3 but I'm sure the bedding issues can't be any worse than a **** Ruger 77 MK-II.

Any gun can be bedded and most all ebnifit from bedding especialy piller bedding if you take the actionout of the stock at all for cleaning.

I've never looked at a T3 but I'm sure the bedding issues can't be any worse than a **** Ruger 77 MK-II.

Compared to a Ruger the Tikka is 3 steps worse!!
There is no real recoil lug, just a chunk of 1/4" aluminum flatbar that sits in the stock and engages into the action just under 1/8".
Pillers are a waste of time as on the plastic stocked models the trigger gard is part of the stock. Getting epoxy to stick to the tupperware stock is difficult as well.
I have done a few of them, but have not found the improvement in accuracy to be worthwhile. Bedding a 700 or most other rifles will get you a considerable change in group size, this does not seem to be the case with the Tikka rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.