Cannot get barrel clean!!!

unless you are seeing a degradation of accuracy after shooting for a while and not stripping the copper out I would leave it alone. I dont strip copper out of any of my guns on a regular basis, If I put them away for a long time I will, but If I am going to do any sort of serious shooting, I will always make sure to shoot at least a box of ammo out of my gun first, so i can lay down that copper again.

Todd Hodnett Teaches Marine Corps Scout Sniper instructors and has alot of other military contracts and he said he took a .338 and fired 8,000 rounds through it in a year without stripping copper out and it was a sub half minute gun. Then he stripped the copper and it was a 2.5 minute gun until he fired about 40rds through it and it laid down that foundation of copper again. Then it started to group as it should.

So if your gun starts shooting wild after only a few boxes because of copper fouling there is something very wrong going on inside your barrel

unless you are seeing a degradation of accuracy after shooting for a while and not stripping the copper out I would leave it alone. I dont strip copper out of any of my guns on a regular basis, If I put them away for a long time I will, but If I am going to do any sort of serious shooting, I will always make sure to shoot at least a box of ammo out of my gun first, so i can lay down that copper again.

Todd Hodnett Teaches Marine Corps Scout Sniper instructors and has alot of other military contracts and he said he took a .338 and fired 8,000 rounds through it in a year without stripping copper out and it was a sub half minute gun. Then he stripped the copper and it was a 2.5 minute gun until he fired about 40rds through it and it laid down that foundation of copper again. Then it started to group as it should.

So if your gun starts shooting wild after only a few boxes because of copper fouling there is something very wrong going on inside your barrel

Exactly.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.