Cancelling Seekins Order

MighteyWhiteHunter

After exhausting all other forms of communication I am cancelling my Seekins Ring and Base order that I have been waiting on for over a month and a half. I have left messages and written e-mails but to no avail. Although I have heard many good things about Glen on this website I am highly disappointed with his service. Midway USA will have my nightforce rings and bases here in a couple of more days so hopefully I will have time to at least sight my gun in before the rifle opener on august 9th. So if anyone here is friends with or knows Mr Seekins please let him know that I am cancelling my order.

Alek Friedrichsen

After exhausting all other forms of communication I am cancelling my Seekins Ring and Base order that I have been waiting on for over a month and a half. I have left messages and written e-mails but to no avail. Although I have heard many good things about Glen on this website I am highly disappointed with his service. Midway USA will have my nightforce rings and bases here in a couple of more days so hopefully I will have time to at least sight my gun in before the rifle opener on august 9th. So if anyone here is friends with or knows Mr Seekins please let him know that I am cancelling my order.

Alek Friedrichsen

That's too bad. I've got rings and base on order as well for a month now. However, I've called and talked to him 2x out of 3.

He has been made aware. We are getting a decent size shipment of rings and bases very soon, and would be able to ship this week.

Scott

Im sorry to hear that Alek, I will look at my emails monday and see if i have missed you for some reason? I was out thursday and friday and will see if i have a mesage from you monday. I apologize if i have missed you, but i dont have anyone on my call back list that hasnt been tried at least once. We have been running a few weeks behind since we started and 4 weeks is about average.

Last edited:
Alek,
I'm in the shop and just going over some notes. It looks like i did speak with you sometime last week and confirmed your address. My note says you were going to call back with your payment info so i could ship the order because what i had doesn't work. The order date was 6-20 placed online. 4 weeks is fairly typical when i have all of the info needed. I only see one email from you and it was prior to your online order. I went thru voice mails this morning and i have one from Friday 7-25 from you about payment info. I was in and out Friday and just hadn't gotten a chance to call you back.

I am going to leave this up to you, so give me a call today if you want to continue with your order or as you wish i will void it if i don't hear from you.

Last edited:
I guess some people don't relize that you don't get what you want the day your order it. Hell from what I'm seeing in the gun industry a 4 week wait is minimal , with 10-20 being the norm.

I plan to make an order with Glenn in the next week or so and do so with no worry about when I get my stuff due to the fact that I know when I get it it will e top quality and I'm sure I'll recieve it in a timely manner.

Alek , I sure hope you don't plan to order a McMillan A-5 stock anytime soon ora barrel from Kreiger , action from Bat , US optics scope or any other top end stuff thats currently about a 12 week wait if you lucky.

well, it has been more than 5 weeks if you go off the date given, and the last time I called on friday I was unable to even leave a message because Mr. Seekins voice mail box was full, so call me impatient or call me what you will. I gave the "little guy" a shot at my business and he apparently didn't need it so the "big guy(MidwayUSA)" got it and that is the end of the story.

Business is business and if someone is having issues it's good to know what is up with "said" provider or company supplying parts or accessories reguardless of whomever it is.

I know that I ordered an USO base for a rifle and the base was in stock. 3 days later I had my base. My shooting partner ordered an Seekins base that was susposed in stock and has yet to see them arrive after ordering from Seekins Precision. Going on three weeks. This after being assured of delivery by Mr. Seekins.

The big issue is not waiting or having backorders or such. The issue is that if you assure someone that you can have an order sent on an item at a said time or date you need to make good on it.

That said, claiming someone doesn't deserve a particular product is nonsense. The customer is the reason any company is in business and the customer is the one who has a right to express the ills or positives of an particular transaction.

There is nothing wrong with reporting one's experiance in business transactions with any supplier. Good lord this is how businesses are defined and how they gain reputations. At the end of the day the customer is the king, as it's his/her money that is being spent.

Business is business and if someone is having issues it's good to know what is up with "said" provider or company supplying parts or accessories reguardless of whomever it is.

I know that I ordered an USO base for a rifle and the base was in stock. 3 days later I had my base. My shooting partner ordered an Seekins base that was susposed in stock and has yet to see them arrive after ordering from Seekins Precision. Going on three weeks. This after being assured of delivery by Mr. Seekins.

The big issue is not waiting or having backorders or such. The issue is that if you assure someone that you can have an order sent on an item at a said time or date you need to make good on it.

That said, claiming someone doesn't deserve a particular product is nonsense. The customer is the reason any company is in business and the customer is the one who has a right to express the ills or positives of an particular transaction.

There is nothing wrong with reporting one's experiance in business transactions with any supplier. Good lord this is how businesses are defined and how they gain reputations. At the end of the day the customer is the king, as it's his/her money that is being spent.

I more or less agree. Because Glen posts on LRH doesn't mean he's protected from comments, good or bad. If that were the case, the value of this forum would be diminished. I was glad to see Glen's post and that he would do his best to make it right. I've got two sets of Seekins rings and my experience was fine. It took a while to receive my rings with each separate order but I was told that it would take some time when I ordered them and I was in no hurry. Very nice rings by the way, too.

I appreciate the help, but i don't need protection, im a big boy ;)

I was out Thursday and most of the day Friday so my mailbox got full. It takes time to reply back to 30 calls. If i didn't get back to you as fast as you would like i apologize, but i was waiting on you for almost 2 weeks for payment information. I care more about my customers that most and take pride in that. I am not a click and ship supplier and never will be.

Yes, it takes some time to get products from us. I understand that and i am doing everything i can to to make it faster. I shipped over 100 packages in the last month. The good things, like receiving your product 2 weeks early or not charging you extra for 2 day air because you need it now never get talked about and when they do, no one cares.

Here is my suggestion before potentially hurting a company's reputation...

Try to resolve the issue with the company first. If you aren't sure why your package hasn't arrived, the guys on the internet wont be able to help, but most likely will make a un-intended situation develop. Only the business you ordered from can help. If they wont help, then flame away, but please watch what you post. Please remember, a business is made of people and they can easily make a simple typo mistake that they don't know about thus holding up your order. This is a small community and in the end a guys reputation and integrity is all he has.

If i told you or someone else i had an item in stock and you think you should have received it please call and see why you havnt. things happen and although somewhat rare, they are the things that get aired out on a public internet forum. I do have a stack of orders here that i cannot collect payment on. I have tried contacting them if i could and there is a good chance you are in that pile if you are over due on receiving a item.

Order updates...
I encourage everyone to check in for a order update at any time the feel they need one OR if they have any questions at all. I will not sit down and call everyone to give them a update. I have been very up front about that since day one.

well i placed an order yesterday ,hows it comming ?

just kidding Glenn , you make great products and those who have used them are aware of that and are willing to wait a little while for a superior part.

along with the things that don't get disscussed like the express shipping and the orders that get filled in a couple days , you mention that you have a stack of orders that have been filled but can't ship due to no payment. Yes you could demand a credit card number so you can bill these folks none the less like Midway will do on back ordered parts but instead your kindness is taken advantage of and threads like this are the result.
I for one would rathe take a couple extra days to mail out a money order to pay for my parts rather than have it billed to a card mostly because its easier to lie to the wife about what i spend :p none the less it can happen.

There are a few good manufactures out their that make superior products for a reasonable cost , the toruble is its generaly smaller shops that once their found out about can't keep up with the demand. Sure guys like Glenn could go out and spend a few hundred thousand dollars on a bunch of CNC mills but he would have to charge more to cover that cost.

I own Nightforce rings and bases, I also own a few pair of Badger rings, I have nothing negative to say about them. I also own a set of Seekin's 34mm Rings and Picatinny rail and they are top notch, the best of the best IMHO

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.