Canadian Bullet source

Ian M

Just shot some new match grade bullets made by a fellow in Alberta. They are very uniform in weight and shot about as well in my partner's Mike Rock barreled Rem. 700 as most of the popular match bullets we have tested.
Bullets we shot were called 169.5 gr. HP Match, B.C. of .5952. Come in a plastic box of 50, might have other packaging but do not know. Hope to find out about other bullet weights and calibers and will keep you guys informed.

Available from Wildcat Bullets, contact number is 780 352-8592.

Would this be that Graves fellow out of Wetaskawen, Ab.? You also dont mention what caliber you are shooting. More info please. Rifle, barrel, distance shot, group size. I am currently looking for a Canadian supplier for 30 cal. match bullets for 1K BR.

Moose,
Sorry but I don't have much info yet, a friend sent me the box of bullets and we weighed them all and shot some in a very accurate Rem. 700, 26" Mike Rock barrel, Nikon Tactical 4-16 in Badgers, rig is in .308 Win and shoots very well with 45 Varget/BHA case and Win. primer loaded to 2.830". We noted some variation in overall length in the 50 bullets but weights were very uniform.
I called that number and the fellow's wife told me that he is away hunting, hope to hear back from him to get more info. Understand this is a relatively new venture.

MooseHunter you can still get match bullets out of the States from some places. I have ordered Berger bullets from Lock Stock and Barrel and just received 500 Clinch River bullets from Greg Seigmund. The package was marked as bullets and there was no problem. The bullets were not opened by Customs.

Moose,
Talked to Richard Graves and he told me that he is not quite set up - but will be shortly. He acquired a small bullet making business from the U.S. and is in the process or getting the tooling together etc.
Plans to have a very comprehensive line of bonded hunting and match bullets that should be similar in flight characteristics. Plans to use good jackets etc. and make quality boolits.
His company is called Wildcat Bullets.

I have tried these bullets from Richard Graves and found them to work quite well.I was using 41.5 grains of 4895 IMR powder,CCI large rifle primers with Federal cases. I was shooting them out of a C.I.L 950 T single shot target rifle .308 cal. with a Weaver T-25 target scope and was getting 5/16 groups at 100yds.

Just tried some .224 and .308 stuff from wildcat bullets today.
22-250 AI shot a five shot group of .486 at the 100 mark.The gun was a ruger with a 26 inch Ted Gaillard barrel. I used 43.0 of 47 sl powder,WLR primer and W-W brass. This load gave me a vel of 3650 fps.

.308 produced a five shot group of .844 from
a Winchester heavy barrel.
The load was with H 380,WLR primer,Fed brass
and the bullet seated too a col of 2.810.
Vel was 2695 fps.

With what I consider to have is a average ability to shoot,things look good.

T
grin.gif
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts