Canadian Blk Bear Guides?

BigGrizz

Looking to book a 2020 spring bear hunt in Canada.

Any suggestions for territories and guides?

Past experiences?

Thanks,
BG

Kind of looking for myself. I've got another trip or 2 in me. They've been so good to me tough to think about anyplace else, but some of the vessel based trips intrigue me as a new experience.
Large area, they've been shooting probably 50 bear a year for the 20 years I've known them. If I recall, last spring all bears were 6' plus.
Lodge and food all top of the line. Equipment always up to date, fishing in the lake is good.
Jack and Lloyd second generation owners.
Facebook page, and some YouTube videos.

Kind of looking for myself. I've got another trip or 2 in me. They've been so good to me tough to think about anyplace else, but some of the vessel based trips intrigue me as a new experience.
Large area, they've been shooting probably 50 bear a year for the 20 years I've known them. If I recall, last spring all bears were 6' plus.
Lodge and food all top of the line. Equipment always up to date, fishing in the lake is good.
Jack and Lloyd second generation owners.
Facebook page, and some YouTube videos.

I'll take a look tonight. I appreciate it!

Depends on the type of hunt you want. Spot and Stalk, blind over bait, dogs, rifle or bow, meat or trophy size, colour phase or pure black, one or two tags, easy to get to or willing to travel a ways from the airport you land at? Is the cost of airfare a consideration and if so where are you located? This will determine the best Province to hunt, and then the Outfitter. This is a great time to be looking at Canada. You dollar is worth 35% more than the Canadian dollar so there are some exceptional deals around.

Depends on the type of hunt you want. Spot and Stalk, blind over bait, dogs, rifle or bow, meat or trophy size, colour phase or pure black, one or two tags, easy to get to or willing to travel a ways from the airport you land at? Is the cost of airfare a consideration and if so where are you located? This will determine the best Province to hunt, and then the Outfitter. This is a great time to be looking at Canada. You dollar is worth 35% more than the Canadian dollar so there are some exceptional deals around.

I think we've got a line on a few outfits already. Right now I'm looking for a killer deal.

You're right about the Canada factor. Hunts there are cheaper and you still have a broad selection.

I used these guys https://silverbirchresort.ca/ last year and we went 3 for 3, two decent sized and one very large spring black bears. You have a cabin and are responsible for your own meals, each cabin has a good kitchen. The guides were good, they dropped us off at the stands each afternoon and picked us up and our bear if we shot that night and skinned them out at the resort. The price for this season is $2,200 USD and I think they are a good deal, I guess otherwise I would not go back.

wade

1 us dollar gets you 1.34 Canadian. Owed my daughter 600.00 us. When she deposited the check in her bank she got 800.00 Canadian. I had to buy all the meals when she was home for Christmas due do the US advantage.

Dont know if they offer spring hunts, but for a spot and stalk fall season hunt over grain fields I cant imagine a better hunt than offered by Keg Country Outfitters in Alberta.

Looking to book a 2020 spring bear hunt in Canada.

Any suggestions for territories and guides?

Past experiences?

Thanks,
BG
Big Grizz

I have tremendous spring bears in Fort Nelson BC. We kill all 18 to 21 inch bears and you would see hundred of bears on a hunt. 100% success rates. Awesome pricing 2 bears and we are 100% success rate.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.