Can you smell what the Rock is cooking?

I never got to try the vacuum. The wife wanted to know why I was taking it outside, and started gagging from the smell. After the live primer incident, I just told I was taking out to empty it for her. She said you just take the bag out, but I stuck to my guns and emptied it .
So you are telling us you got some liquid brains in your mouth?🤢🤮😷

Boiling water just to bottom of antlers.....but the secret it using the correct amount of laundry detergent in the boiling water to make all the meat fall off the bone....a little scraping helps loosen and break down the film's and meat..but don't get carried away....should only take about 2 hours to clean...refresh with clean water and half the soap...and let air dry....
8 hours in a hot pot softens the bones.....i used to boil my elk antlers(spikes..no soap) and giv'm to the dog...he'd chew those things down to the last inch of the tip.....

Check out this interesting buck that was harvested by one of my hunters Sunday morning. We all run a lot game cameras and nobody had ever seen this guy before (kinda hard to forget one like this). My wife said he had a 'Phantom of the Opera' look about him. Will make a nice Euro mount.

Attachments

• Doc's Phantom of the Opra Buck_1.JPG
    Doc's Phantom of the Opra Buck_1.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 147
Opening morning, the same hunter harvested this 10-point that had stunted antlers on one side due to an old foot injury on the opposite side. I've seen that 'crossover effect' from injuries on antlers many times over the years.

Attachments

• IMG_3507.JPG
    IMG_3507.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_3508.JPG
    IMG_3508.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 82
So you are telling us you got some liquid brains in your mouth?🤢🤮😷
I like to learn from other people's mistakes. I watched a guy put a pressure washer wand in the skull cavity of a caribou that I shot, and pull the trigger. He got a big mouthful. I laughed so hard I cried, while he was vomiting. Then I realized that I should not have licked my lips. So remember to learn from other people's mistakes.

I offered the pot deerhead broth to couple hunting buddies for tonite's soup but they declined. 🤮
Here are last 3 I have done. I told my wife it has to break 150 to go on wall mounted. So last one was 156 7/8 so its on wall😂😂 I like the old barn wood for background plus put kill photo on it. View attachment 313614
Those euro mounts look good. I like the barn wood. I use old wood slabs or cross cut sections for a rustic appearance. I am also cheap, so I use a wooden dowel in the board to hang the skull on.

When I say simmering, this means 160-180 degree water which does not seem to "soften" bones. I used a Camp Chef grill that has terrific control in gas feed so you can really manage the temps really well. If you boil the water the temp is over 212 which will soften bones so its really important NOT TO BOIL at all. The slow simmering had worked for me but it is crucial you watch water temp with a thermometer. It is a PITA but it works for me.