Can you really improve perfection? (pics)

The answer is yes! :D

Here's a couple new additions to my Specialized Dynamics LR .260 Remington. Laser engraving on the Vortex Razor HD scope sunshade and a new AAC Breakout flash hider for the AAC 7.62 SDN-6 Suppressor!

75052_496884873688689_826423151_n.jpg

72195_496884927022017_239437641_n.jpg

320900_496884950355348_856051411_n.jpg

65292_496884997022010_1363441446_n.jpg

Does it shoot??? What does it weigh? How about some targets so we can see how it groups. How far have you shot it? OH nice looking stick. gun) - - - - - -

I had a Bushmaster DCM that weighed 17+3/4 pounds. It shot pretty good without a scope.

joseph

PS: Hope the Feds don't tell us to turn them in.

You can improve perfection by going with a bolt action! :D Im kidding. Nice looking rig but when your running from the govt. I will have your back with my legal bolt gun.. till they take them too :(

DPMS LR upper and lower, Magpul PRS stock, Jard adjustable trigger, Apex Gator Grip handguard, Bartlein 22" 1-8 twist barrel, Young MFG Bolt carrier group, AAC 7.62 SDN-6 Suppressor and the Vortex Razor HD 5-20 EBR-1 MOA scope. It weighs 16.5 lbs. Barrel length with suppressor is 29" and overall length is 49.5". I have shot 6" groups out to 800 yards with it but I've only been shooting long range for 15-16 months now. I shot a Bighorn Sheep last fall at 680 yards. I've only shot 100 yards with the suppressor as I just got it. It definately shoots better than I can at this point but I'm working on catching up...

376712_276340915743087_822494406_n.jpg

This pic is obviously before the dip job and suppressor was added.

Great sheep! Congrats! I hope to start chasing sheep too before I get too old to get up there.
Can you see the bubble level where it is mounted? You might want to switch it to the rear ring?

With the bubble in the rear it gets in the way of your fingers while adjusting the turrets. In the picture of mine you will see two bubbles. The one on the Picatinny rail was removed later after I installed the one on the scope. I am right handed and while looking through the scope with my right eye I can watch the bubble with my left eye at the same time. And yes you can see the bubble when it is mounted in front. gun)- - - - - - - - - -

When I was hunting in Alaska I scratched my binocs with sand while cleaning the lens. I now put a UV filter on the objective end of my scope to protect it. Note the pic below.

joseph

PS: It looks to me like Predator Strikeforce knows what he is doing ChrisAtl. :D

Attachments

• vortex bubble level 1.JPG
    vortex bubble level 1.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 149
  • pst 2.jpg
    pst 2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 110
  • uv filter .JPG
    uv filter .JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 102
Joseph is correct. I shoot left handed which is why the bubble level is on the right side. I can see the level while still maintaining my cheek weld by simply opening my right eye. It works well!

By the way Joe, incredible bolt gun sir!

Joseph is correct. I shoot left handed which is why the bubble level is on the right side. I can see the level while still maintaining my cheek weld by simply opening my right eye. It works well!

Thanks Predator. Yours is something else. I just added a picture of a UV filter I use to protect the objective lens. If I scratch it I will change it. Better to scratch it then the objective lens. A camera store should have one that will screw right on. If yours is a 50 mm lens the one in the picture may be the one that would work for you. ($12).

joseph

PS: If you look at the top of my elevation turret you can read the info on the custom turret. It is dead nuts accurate at all ranges.

Its a good idea but wouldn't that negate the purpose of buying a scope with good glass? Now you're looking through $12 glass. I would think that the sight picture wouldn't be as clear through the filter as it is without. Could be wrong. Been wrong before. Lol. Besides the Vortex unconditional warranty will cover anything you do to the scope. Just a thought.

Btw, love the custom turret. That's awesome!

Its a good idea but wouldn't that negate the purpose of buying a scope with good glass? Now you're looking through $12 glass. I would think that the sight picture wouldn't be as clear through the filter as it is without. Could be wrong. Been wrong before. Lol. Besides the Vortex unconditional warranty will cover anything you do to the scope. Just a thought.

Btw, love the custom turret. That's awesome!

Yes it does cut down on the brightness a little, but it doesn't bother me. I'd hate to have something happen at 8,000 feet on a hunt where you can't use the No Bs warranty until after the hunt. I've used it while shooting at a 1,000 yards in competition with my PST FFP MOA scope at 24 power and put 3 five shot groups in the center of the target that all of them would be in the boiler room of an antelope.

You could get one and look through your scope with it and without it and see what you think. I took my rifle into the camera store (after asking permission) and looked with it and without it before I even bought it.

joseph

30 years ago Russian research for their Olympic rifle team discovered that if the non-aiming eye is closed up to 28% visual acuity is LOST in the aiming eye!:D

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts