Can you guess what caused this failure?

Look at the "Norma page" #62 post. It's probably referring to 7 RUM or something like that.
I did is why I asked. No description other than it being a 7MM Super Magnum. Maybe Weatherby? Rum? Never heard one described as such. Just curious what it could be. This article just doesn't add up to real world experience by virtually everyone on LRH. The chart showing exceedance of max pressure after 30 rounds is a major product safety issue for every rifle manufacturer if it were true. There would be warnings up the wazoo to clean your rifle barrel to prevent catastrophic pressure build up not to mention the internet would be littered with examples like this. Heck there would be Lawyer advertisements on cable like Round Up!

If it doesn't "smell" right then probably not all info being disclosed.

I did is why I asked. No description other than it being a 7MM Super Magnum. Maybe Weatherby? Rum? Never heard one described as such. Just curious what it could be. This article just doesn't add up to real world experience by virtually everyone on LRH. The chart showing exceedance of max pressure after 30 rounds is a major product safety issue for every rifle manufacturer if it were true. There would be warnings up the wazoo to clean your rifle barrel to prevent catastrophic pressure build up not to mention the internet would be littered with examples like this. Heck there would be Lawyer advertisements on cable like Round Up!

If it doesn't "smell" right then probably not all info being disclosed.
I agree it's not much info and fairly vague. No proof of the source. But my point was the "Norma page" they fired somewhere near 200 rounds of a "7mm super magnum" to get to proof pressures. 300 wsm isn't near over bore as what the page described. So I inferred that this wasn't the issue.

It looks to me like there is a bunch of extruded powder on the bench. If that is correct, it wasn't from using a powder that is too fast. My guess is the flutes were too deep. I have seen this type of thing way more times with fluted barrels than with non fluted barrels.

In any case any claims made to any manufacturers whether they were an ammo or rifle manufactures they would require proof of the ammo used, cases fired particularly the case with failure, and the rifle.

It looks to me like there is a bunch of extruded powder on the bench. If that is correct, it wasn't from using a powder that is too fast. My guess is the flutes were too deep. I have seen this type of thing way more times with fluted barrels than with non fluted barrels.
My guess is that's the fill from the bean bag rest.

The copper deposits theory doesn't make any sense. At a machine gun range you'll put several thousand rounds through barrels in a single day, and we don't have catastrophic failures like that. Something else is afoot!
Yup I had a 50 cal glowing red when I was with the Scouts. Burned that barrel up and had a cook off. Even then it didn't blow up, Although we did get off the track and gave it room after lol.

Have you seen the video where the guy shoots a 300 blk out out of a 223?

It actually shoots the bullet and fire forms it into a very very long 224 caliber. It did mess the action up but was amazing it didn't just blow it up completely.

Fire form brass=ok
Fire form bullets = not ok!!!

In the 2nd picture I was trying to see what cartridge this rifle was built for. 300 something or other. Was a 325 wsm nearby? Possible mix up of ammo, obstruction, or wrong powder charge.
That's my first thought. Barrel stamped 300 wsm possible wrong bullet in right cartridge or totally wrong cartridge