can you brake a muzzleloader?

zuba

I was wondering if this was possible? It sure would make it more fun to shoot in the summer with a t-shirt...

Fouling will clog them up and getting the bullet started right from the muzzle would be next to impossible to get straight.

Zuba

I would think one of the large port brakes would work(like the Holland)
If you use sabots or bullets with out patches.

But you would have to be able to remove it for cleaning each time you
clean the rifle.

I havent tried it but it should work.

J E CUSTOM

TC-Encore_2.jpg

A local gunsmith has done it on a TC Encore. Here is a pic from his site. The holes look big enough to run a small brush in it pretty easy.

I have a factory encore barrel that is ported. It is no where near as effective as my JP I have on my 300wsm, but you can tell a difference in muzzle rise (not that muzzle rise is a problem, as you dont have a second shot nor can you see the impact through the smoke cloud) so I assume it is working. As to droping powder and seating a bullet, the double ports are at 10 and 2 o'clock and single ports at 4 and 8 o'clock. I have not had any problems lossing powder or bullet seating.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.