Can someone recommend a scope for a .300 RUM

LordNVader

After lurking for quite some time i finally joined up recently so hello to anyone that reads this thread. It seems like a great place with alot of helpful people.
I recently purchased a Remington 700 longe range in a .300 RUM . But now im looking for a good scope to put on it. Ive only used FFP in the past but will be willing to try SFP . Looking for a scope that will handle the recoil and also reach out to 700 or 800 yards plus possibly . Any recommendations are much appreciated .

Welcome friend Happy to have you here great question, that's a Very nice rifle you bought Congrat's id pair it up with at least a 3x18 power scope ,you pick the OBJ/dia. if your younger you'll need less glass/power, reading is your friend and it wont argue with you , pages and pages of info choose wisely if it takes more time then that's fine , good luck & enjoy our Forum ! cheers !!!

Vortex, Nightforce, Zeiss, Swarovski in no particular order. Tons and tons of scopes and options. In the world of optics, you truly get what you pay for.

Welcome!!
Jayson

After lurking for quite some time i finally joined up recently so hello to anyone that reads this thread. It seems like a great place with alot of helpful people.
I recently purchased a Remington 700 longe range in a .300 RUM . But now im looking for a good scope to put on it. Ive only used FFP in the past but will be willing to try SFP . Looking for a scope that will handle the recoil and also reach out to 700 or 800 yards plus possibly . Any recommendations are much appreciated .
I've had really good results with my Leupold Mk5's, check out the Vortex AMG as well.

I have the same rifle and I put a Sightron SIII 6-24 on it. Mine is 2FP but they make FFP scopes too. The eye relief is around 4", which I appreciate because I don't have a brake on mine. I have shot it out to 1450 with 225 eldm's.

Welcome to the forum. U have chosen a very good cartridge (My favorite). I'm not certain if ur a long range target shooter or hunter or both but the 300 RUM is capable of both.
Scope the rifle with the best u can afford.
U can't hit what u can't see.

Schmidt and Bender of very expensive, but also very good 3

I'd recommend a Zeiss V4 or or Nightforce SHV if budget allows a Zeiss V6 or a Nightforce NXS or ATACR, though the NF NX8 is FFP and would also be a great choice. Good luck and happy shopping.

What a trick question. What everyone else likes may not be right for you.
Anyway, you asked. So my favorites are the Leupold Mk5 and the Sig Sierra, Kilo combo. For the money you're hard pressed to beat the Mk5. Very good glass and great mechanical. A great scope if you're going to dial in your shots. The down side is the weight, around 2 pounds if I remember correctly. The Sig Sierra and Kilo combo is what I use if hiking any distance. It's much lighter and easier to use quickly. The down side is the glass is okay at best and you have to trust it's electronics to make the right call. This isn't a problem for me, because I only use it in the same area and most the variables don't change much. Plus I spend a lot of time tweaking the ballistics for it.
We live in a great time now and you will have no problem finding the right scope for you. There's tons of great choices in every price range. People will tell you to spend X or your wasting money and getting junk. It's true you do get what you pay for, but most $500 scopes today are as good or better than the $3000 scopes I used 40 years ago.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.