Can someone help?..tac 15 strings

bski

I want to make my own tac 15 strings....I already make beautiful Flemish strings for my Middleton recurve Xbow that shoots over 400 feet per second....I know I can make sick *** strings for my tac 15.... Does anybody know what material is used for the stock tac strings ...cables ...and servings of each....I need some sort of starting point I can go by
..thanx to all.....gun)

bski,

You might give Jesse at ViperX Strings (216 513-1375) a call. He has made a few sets and probably could give you the specs. But I think you'll need the springs from a stock string (they are covered by heat shrink on the factory strings).

I think awhile back someone over on CBN mentioned purchasing some TAC 15 cables and a string from America's Best Bowstrings (330 893-7155).

Len and Andy here on LRH may be able to guide you in the right direction.

Hope this may help you.

Regards,

Buzzard Bait

Thanx b bait...called Jesse..lye gave me a few good strings makes ..counts..sizes...my first string came out mint..will try and shoot it today...thanx again

bsli,

Did you use springs from an old string to make your new one?

Would you post some photos and talk about your results?

Many thanks,

Buzzard Bait

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts