Can someone double check this order before I place it

I've done lots of research, asked lots of questions and made the decision on what to buy.
Just want to be 100% sure none of these parts will conflict with each other, so that's my question.

The gun: Savage 111/11 International Trophy hunter (Long action 7mm Rem mag)

What im purchasing:

The optics: Nightforce Benchrest 8-32x56 NP-R2 reticle (Dealer demo model so about $150 off, is this ok?)

The mount: Badger 1-Piece Maximized Picatinny-Style 20 MOA Elevated Scope Base Remington 700 Long Action

The rings: Badger Picatinny-Style 30mm Max-50 Rings Matte (High - 1.125")

The NF 8x32 Benchrest scope has a total of 50moa elevation adjustment. The NXS 5x22 has 100moa elevation adjustment. You need to decide how far you want to shoot and if you will have enough adjustment. Gary

IMO, Why such a large benchrest scope for a hunting rifle? 5-22 would be more than enough. Unless you are getting a smoking deal on the scope! I think you could get by with lower/lighter scope rings also.

I'm with C.O. I think those mounts will raise the scope well above a comfortable cheek weld. Unless you have vision problems that require you to have a larger image, I would recommend 14X-24X on the top end. Frankly, my scopes are all14X-21X, but I prefer field of view over magnification.

You will need to set the magnification to a high value for the reticle to have 2 MOA spacing, so the field of view will be small The rifle will kick pretty hard, and the small field of view will be difficult to get back on target in time to see the impact.

That model is really a benchrest scope, with its 1/8 MOA clicks and adjustable objective focus. I would pass on that deal and look for something better suited to hunting.

First off thanks for all the replies.

I will be shooting 300-1000m with this gun (target).

The magnification BR series fits my needs, and im getting it for 1,100 bucks so i feel its worth the money spent.

I'm building an adjustable cheek into the stock, so that's not a problem.
The savage is new, so I was under the impression the rem 700 rail would fit.

Is that correct?

The savage is new, so I was under the impression the rem 700 rail would fit.

Is that correct?

No, each one of those actions are different. The "rem 700 rail" isn't a type of rail, as in picatinny or weaver, it means the specific action it was made to properly fit on.

Savage receivers used to have round front and flattened rear surfaces, but the current crop are the same at both ends. I have EGW rails on all mine and have had no problems. I don't know if Badger offers a rail for savage. On the cheek weld issue, I thought the lrh came with a kydex saddle mount.

Target rifle? Well that's different. Then this scope is a fine choice. Get the right mounts and you will be fine.

Normally I ask folks what type of shooting they are doing. Being that this is a hunting subforum and you have a hunting rifle, I assumed you would be hunting with it.
...The gun: Savage 111/11 International Trophy hunter...

No, each one of those actions are different. The "rem 700 rail" isn't a type of rail, as in picatinny or weaver, it means the specific action it was made to properly fit on.

You sir, are correct.
Is this what I should be looking at then?

Badger Ordnance 1-Piece Maximized Picatinny-Style 20 MOA Elevated

It's 110-116 (I own a 111).

This is why I made this thread just in case I made an error, so thank you so much for the help. You probably saved me a lot of time.

PS EDIT; It seems the max-50 badger rings are on backorder at midway so if I go with the standard ones (link below)
Badger Ordnance Picatinny-Style 30mm Maximized Rings Matte
which elevation should I go with?

I used this calc - Scope Ring Height and Clearance Calculator to try and figure it out but something seems off, the measurements on the midway site aren't listed on the midway's options. Even the ultra high is only .809", where as the calc and badger site both list ultra high at 1.4". So where is this extra .6" coming from?

Last edited:
You sir, are correct.
Is this what I should be looking at then?

Badger Ordnance 1-Piece Maximized Picatinny-Style 20 MOA Elevated

It's 110-116 (I own a 111).

This is why I made this thread just in case I made an error, so thank you so much for the help. You probably saved me a lot of time.

PS EDIT; It seems the max-50 badger rings are on backorder at midway so if I go with the standard ones (link below)
Badger Ordnance Picatinny-Style 30mm Maximized Rings Matte
which elevation should I go with?

I used this calc - Scope Ring Height and Clearance Calculator to try and figure it out but something seems off, the measurements on the midway site aren't listed on the midway's options. Even the ultra high is only .809", where as the calc and badger site both list ultra high at 1.4". So where is this extra .6" coming from?

Like previously noted, ...

When in doubt call/contact the source company directly. lightbulb

That's what I would do and have done many times (on the phone with a CS rep before finalizing the order) ... but that's just me. :rolleyes:

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.