can savage factory muzzle break be removed?

win270wsm

I was looking at buying a savage 11 long range hunter in 300wsm and wanted to know if the break could be removed and a better one installed. Thanks for all input. win270wsm

Yes, it can.

MuzzleBrake1.jpg

MuzzleBrake2.jpg

i would guess its 5/8 - 24. I just took the brake off my long range hunter in 6.5x284 and it had 9/16-28. but bigger bore size should have a bigger thread size in theory. but i was a little surprised to see 9/16-28 on mine. not a very common thread in the gun world. the brake came off pretty easy just find a couple screwdrivers to put through the holes ( i suggest 2 because for the hole size and the tightness of the brake you will probably break one off, it least i did.) and lefty loosy and its off! hope this helps a little.

Cowboy, PB Blaster is a great lube, penetrating oil. one of the best , if not the best in MOHO. You should be able to get it at any auto parts store.
gun)

I use PBlaster on everything that needs loosened. Used to use WD40 but PBlaster works better, faster and smells nastier.....

Like the above poster said, any auto parts store or Ace hardware or even Wallyworld has it.

Recent Posts