Can any Texans verify this?

So I'm not defending her or the bill, but it was disproven that she said those exact words. I have no idea who wrote the above but it's most likely BS. Again, bad bill, don't support it, but you need to have the truth when analyzing your opponent's goals or you won't have the correct information to fight it correctly. Whoever wrote that was just in it for the sensationalism.

I did recently see something about Texas repealing its stand your ground law. If my money is not worth my dying for shouldn't that also apply to the perp; that my money is not worth his dying for?

I am not going to trust a perp to just take my money or property and leave. I will not trust that he won't hurt my children or attempt to hurt my wife. That's just crazy! He has already violated the law and who's to say he won't go farther. I worked 7 years with these type of ppl and they don't deserve the trust.
So to heck with the money part of it, my home is where my family resides and they should be safe in their own home.

I did recently see something about Texas repealing its stand your ground law. If my money is not worth my dying for shouldn't that also apply to the perp; that my money is not worth his dying for?
Where did you here that? I looked all over and could not find anything about them repealing their stand your ground laws.

1607988863961.png

Where did you here that? I looked all over and could not find anything about them repealing their stand your ground laws.

I can't remember exactly, but I thought that's what I remember seeing. If I find it or it was a different state I will correct it.

Apparently she DOES want to make some changes to the Stand Your Ground law but a lot of the comments she supposedly made were written by a political satirist. Makes for a pretty good chuckle though....

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.