Can Am Defender Limited?

I do not, But I use a Garmin GPS with the InReach capability and really like it because of the SOS and communication capabilities. The map feature works great as well.

So CanAm on order, looking at trailers. Flatbed prices are "reasonable" but I was thinking of totally enclosed to use as " camper"? Thoughts?
Mh hunting buddy and I both run aluminum flat bed with built in ramp. I also store my machine in my garage at home. my machine gets so muddy I wouldn't really want to camp inside my trailer until she has been pressure washed! 🤣🤣🤣

I can definitely see the benefits though of having a fully enclosed unit to store gear/sleep out bad weather. So if you have budget for it I think you might consider that vs upgrading your tent/current sleep system. If you could use it for off season storage as well that could be a major plus too.

Attachments

• 0B17C40A-4837-4ABC-9489-C96795972512.jpeg
    0B17C40A-4837-4ABC-9489-C96795972512.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
So CanAm on order, looking at trailers. Flatbed prices are "reasonable" but I was thinking of totally enclosed to use as " camper"? Thoughts?
The enclosed trailer as a camper isn't a bad idea for certain situations. I bought one a year ago and have used it that way a couple of times. It's really nice if you are only going to stay one or two nights and move camp I could pick everything up and be on the move in 20 minutes compared to two hours with a wall tent. I insulated the walls and roof of mine and run a propane heater and it was ok down to -6 degrees.

The enclosed trailer as a camper isn't a bad idea for certain situations. I bought one a year ago and have used it that way a couple of times. It's really nice if you are only going to stay one or two nights and move camp I could pick everything up and be on the move in 20 minutes compared to two hours with a wall tent. I insulated the walls and roof of mine and run a propane heater and it was ok down to -6 degrees.
So far so good with my can am defender limited fully enclosed cab air and heat very comfortable machine the cab has lots of room get the extended warranty and your goo for 5 yrs great ranch and hunting but I still love my old jeep

I have a 2017 HD10 with the double seats. Cannot imagine life without it now. Stepson bought her new, I bought her when the boat bug hit him. She is long. It is the best riding SxS I have ever rode. Smooth on rocks. Tough and the mechanical parts are mostly modular. Made to be used hard and repaired. I don't have the heater or AC. We use the tops of our wheelers as elevated work platforms a lot around feeders and blinds. Consider a metal roof. Mine is plastic and really limits me.
There is a YouTube video of some Canadians took one of the 6x6 long beds down to Moab Utah and did some pretty extreme off roading. I am intrigued.

I used a Suzuki Samurai for years but my back just cannot take that ride anymore.

After an hour in the rocks, getting out of that Samurai I look like the aftermath of a drunken gay pride parade. I can ride the HD10 all day in the roughest rocks with no issues.
Unless you are aiming for high speed or really heavy loads, don't be afraid of the HD8 if one becomes available. One of them on our lease, it is just as good and a little quieter exhaust note when trying to sneak around shooting hogs.

I bought a 2021 Commander a few months ago. Extended warranty for 3 years was either $699 or $799. Can't remember which and don't have the paperwork handy, but felt it was well worth it. BTW, the extended starts when the basic 6 mo. warranty ends, so I have 3.5 yrs. total.

Even though mine is a 2021 Commander, I thought I'd update now that I've had it a bit. Love the machine. I had a 2014 Commander before this that was a good unit, but very loud/noisy interior and hot due to the engine location. Can Am fixed those issues by lengthening the 2021 models and moving the engine toward the rear, along with some noiseproofing insulation. It rides exceptionally smooth and soft. Installed a PowerFlip windshield that I can open/close via switch. Only slight 'negative' is the box sits about 4 inches higher than my old one so a little harder to load heavy objects.

Holy cow, finally got a build date today of March 14th! If all goes well, maybe see it early April? About 7 months since order!
Exciting news!! That will be here soon!

That's about normal for these times we live in. Though, Not just CanAm either, friend ordered a pretty basic Honda 4wheeler in November and was quoted a July pickup.