Can Am Defender Limited?

Twin 3500 lb axles, electric brakes on both axles. After looking over the weight more closely, the weight distribution is 47/53 so really not that big of deal. I'd like to keep front clear in case I want to place a freezer etc.
I usually run my front tires to the front rail because the extra weight on the front of the trailer helps the ride. Don't notice any difference in the way the trailer tracks tho.

The main point I like to do is have the e track bolt thru the two cross members to max security of the track to the bed. I would like to have front tires near rail but will only get one cross member in the e track. Not worried about weight, have remote wireless airlift system on truck which is incredible for towing. Truck stable with pretty much anything.

Like to keep front of trailer clear for gear so I can back off Can Am without disturbing front area.

Plenty of time to decide!

Anybody use E-Tracks?

Well picked up set of 10' e tracks along with Erickson e track chocks and their wheel tie down. I measured about 10x times!😂 I can set the tracks over tandem axle, bolt thru two cross members such wheelbase is centered over axles. Holes on e track line up perfectly to cross members. Looks pretty darn good! It will be a while since I get an epidural shot on Friday morning so I will be taking it easy for a week.
View attachment 355928
Yes yes yes. You'll replace far less suspension parts with this method.

Well picked up set of 10' e tracks along with Erickson e track chocks and their wheel tie down. I measured about 10x times!😂 I can set the tracks over tandem axle, bolt thru two cross members such wheelbase is centered over axles. Holes on e track line up perfectly to cross members. Looks pretty darn good! It will be a while since I get an epidural shot on Friday morning so I will be taking it easy for a week.
View attachment 355928
We run e track in the toy hauler. Set track width so machine and bolts hold it down. Never had one issue. Toy hauler is a lot different than beating around the back roads and two tracks.

Set E Track today. 20 1/4" ss bolts stop nuts each side. Few more to add but solid. Put wheel e track chocks in front as added support. Hauled it up road 60mph and saw it bounce in suspension but tires stayed locked solid! I can get a quad across sideways in front of it too if I needed to.
ADA62701-D685-4B9C-85F8-317932C13C01.jpeg
17B2997F-6D1C-4F3B-A381-AA575FC3003E.jpeg

Last edited:
Love the E track. Tires on track and I pull frame front and rear of machine to E track D Rings in X pattern. Allows easy strapping in and releasing as not a lot of side room in Toy Hauler. Dont crush suspension down just snug it forward and back allows suspension to work. Never moves a bit.

The place I bought the trailer only uses self tapping bolts even into wood. I just can't accept that so I bolted thru even cross members with 1/4"x2.5" SS bolts and stop nuts with 1" fender washers. I plan to add few more but feel comfortable the track is solid attached to flatbed. I really like the E Track wheel chocks as added stop for UTV.

The place I bought the trailer only uses self tapping bolts even into wood. I just can't accept that so I bolted thru even cross members with 1/4"x2.5" SS bolts and stop nuts with 1" fender washers. I plan to add few more but feel comfortable the track is solid attached to flatbed. I really like the E Track wheel chocks as added stop for UTV.
If you are going to do something do it right. Re deck a 40' wood flat bed. Shop just hammers deck screws over until they break off the top, then runs self tappers in a new spot on the cross member. Takes more time remove what you can, and break off both sides. Ups your re-sale a solid 30 percent when stuff is done correct.