Can a Dillon Powder Measure work without a Dillon Press

ricka0

Or Sq Deal, RL, etc.
257715.JPG

It fits fine over my 50 BMG brass but is very clumsy.
Note that is my <font color="red"> NOT </font> my dillons above, but an image I found on Hunt101 - I don't even have the adaptor.
I was planning on using it with 4350 for my RUMS. Maybe I just need to unload it cheap.
Large bar, new. Free shipping

I think I have 4 or 5 of these in the shop and only two that ever get used one each on my old RL-1000's. Yes they can be used on other presses, the question is why unless you are using ball or flake. They are no good with stick. Even Mike Dillon will tell you that. Do yourself the biggest favor of your life and buy a Harrel. Last time I counted I have 16 measures in the shop and except for the ones on my RL-1000's and the Harrel, I wish they were in someone else's shop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Like has been said, they will work but for LR they will not meter stick powder accuratly enough. I don't use them with my RL550B, just a Redding and Powder Pro digital dispensor to trickle. Even for ball or flake, I don't think they meter consistantly enough. The other Dillon stuff has been great stuff though, just not a fan of his dispensor.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.