Can’t find a forester coax press?

They aren't discontinuing them, heck they are the most sought after press made. But seems to be planned dry periods to whet everyone's appetite and make em' sell strong. I wondered when I called them last week why the producer claims to have none and all the countries top reloading retailers (except this one in the link) have none. Hmmm you'd think if they are open and working each week there would be some showing up (especially after a month or so). They either have outsourcing parts shortages or are limiting numbers produced. I went back thru forums and chat rooms and found multiple times from 2000 on where there were none to be found for months at a time, 2014 was a really dry year. They make great dies and apparently a great press, but there are others getting in the movable mount dies and they are available now. Also in the most complete press evaluation online that I've yet seen they weren't out front in the concentricity numbers. The Rock Chucker beat them in all three catagories neck, ogive, and tip, and they don't float at all. For me lifes too short and I've already moved on, maybe another time...Dave

I'm gonna sell mine, went to Mec marksman w/ Hornady lnl bushing kit. Changing Jaws was a pita. When I tried the quick change Jaws, they bottomed out on the die and gave **** for consistent bump. The quick change die and auto open jaws are cool but honestly there are just as good or better options available for a lot less money. I reload from 223, 25/6.5 creed, several Magnum, and lapua cases. Hated changing Jaws.......

I'm gonna sell mine, went to Mec marksman w/ Hornady lnl bushing kit.
That's the point, the Mec and Summit were two I was referring to, they both scored high in the evaluation I was reading. Let me know how you like the Mec highdrum. Dave

Sold mine for what I paid for it. Didn't care for the priming method. Went to a cheap Lee for decapping & sizing & use 21st Century arbor press for seating rifle rounds.

BW

That's the point, the Mec and Summit were two I was referring to, they both scored high in the evaluation I was reading. Let me know how you like the Mec highdrum. Dave
I love the mec already, especially once you add the Hornady lnl bushing kit, makes changing dies a snap. If your use em tho, remove the o-ring on sizing dies as they can lead to inconsistent shoulder bump.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts