Camo, scent spray and Hecs suits

Litehiker

Archery hunters need to be close for a good shot so they ae often obsessive about thier clothing, camo and even wear the Hecs suits which are really a kind of Faraday cage for the body to keep our electric field contained from wild animals "spidey senses".

So because coyotes are so good at picking up our scent and because wind shifts will betray us should coyote hunters be doing the same as archery hunters? Maybe the Hecs suits are unnecessary beyond 50 yards but scent control seems important. No?

Eric B.

I've called and shot a lot of coyotes... 7 in the last week and never use cover scent. I used full camo including a face mask in the past and now I just use good cover to break my outline. I believe a good approach and cover with the wind crossing or in your face is how to fool coyotes. You have to be still, they can see a mouse move from a long way off. My advise is sneak in, call, sun at your back and the wind in your face.

After getting busted within a 100 yards of a squirrel last year, Im going full camp-redo. Rifle, tripod, everything. I might even go the HECS route. My bud is a writer for a bow deer hunting website. He said it's the real deal.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.