calling wolves

That videos of a local guy here.Think hes at 11 for total on wolf.Use to see him in high country but he bow killed his muley early this year.

The best is to figure out what everyone is using and don't use it! I do better with hand calls since everyone and their dog has a fox pro or wildlife tech caller. The first season was epic, little uncomfortable to have a whole pack in your lap but now they are very cautious, you can get some yearlings early but after that spot and long range shoot is the game now!

This guy tracks them down and kills them,in tough country hes a beast.I use to run hard like that but im 15 years older.We hunt some of the same muley areas,he has several that are pushing 200

Hey all I call them in up here in Hinton ..Alberta.. Canada.. area where your Wolves came from … I have called them in for over 30 years … most times I have not shot them but I will and have ..here is a story I did on here on calling .. if you look at the dates on pictures this took place in a period of 6 days .. I called in 3 wolves each time and got 2 out of 3 … if you have any questions just ask … David.... https://www.longrangehunting.com/th...ad-when-the-hunter-becomes-the-hunted.142848/

Attachments

• Wolf 1.jpg
    Wolf 1.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 396
  • Wolf 2.jpg
    Wolf 2.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 388
  • wolves 3.jpg
    wolves 3.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 392
Tikkamike, Hopefully you were successful. Having the same desire, same questions, and huntingin the same area as yourself. Ours didn't work out. Not enough time in the country....he'll, we didn't even get an elk. Though, we had a couple of "almost" opportunities! Probably would have been more successful, if we had been hunting grizzlies! memtb

I"m with Bigngreen, mouth calls for me. They're a lot lighter to tote and one can make about any sound one wishes with them.

To date, I've called in 2 packs both times were a rush. Unfortunately both those times was pre being able to legally kill them:(

I am. I was up on the CdA River. The hills I hunt are between Prichard and Murray. I have to be careful when I'm trailing them so I don't wander into Montana.

I am. I was up on the CdA River. The hills I hunt are between Prichard and Murray. I have to be careful when I'm trailing them so I don't wander into Montana.
Ok nice, I just rented my house out and moved down to the Boise area. Got to be close to the kids. I like to go out south of Wallace!