calling out all Savage 110 BA owners

Larry87

Hello all just wondering what scopes you all have mounted on these bad boys. I am interested in the Vortex Razor HD. I have been comparing the razor and the nxs for quite sometime now and I want to pull the trigger on the razor but need to know if the 1" rings will clear the front rail with the sunshade on. Thanks guys for any help.

I just bought one recently used. It was supposed to come with a Leupold Mark 4 but ended up being counterfeit.

So I will be watching this thread.

I ended up throwing a SS 20X I had in the closet. Standard Warne Rings. Worked well enough for me to shoot less than 1moa at 200 yards the next day.

Waiting to see if the shop that sold the fella the counterfeit as real will do the right thing.

Pending the outcome, I may be in the market for another scope. But in the meantime the SWFA SS 20X does an adequate job.....and I would not use this mammoth for anything but target practice anyway so no need for lower power. Too heavy to carry as a field rifle.

whether your scope clears at the objective is simply a matter of choosing the right ring height, the one inch or 30mm difference doesn't come into play there...

I went with a Leupold Mk4 because of the world economic situation, primarily. It's a decent scope at a fair price, and it's coming from a company with better "staying power" than many of the smaller high-end optics makers fighting for their little niche in a dwindling market.

The US Army has chosen the Leupold scope for the day optic for their sniper rifles... http://twobirdsflyingpub.wordpress....rimary-day-optic-for-the-xm2010-sniper-rifle/

If you don't want to spend close to 2 grand on a scope, but you still want a good, functional scope... the Bushnell 10x Elite works great, turrets are accurate, mildot reticle and decent glass... for around 200 dollars.

As an FYI, The Midway Sniper 56" drag bag is pretty good way to go as a protective case. I got it on sale for 75.00

And I also bought the TAPCO rail insert covers to put over top the rails to protect them and myself as I handle the rifle. They were around 12.00 and came in a package of 5.

I have a burris illiminator tired of hauling so much stuff got rid of my nikon range finder and glad i did after matching the ballistics to the scope it dead money love it 4-16x50

I completely forgot I started this thread. So as for an update, I bought a Vortex Razor HD EBR-2B in the 10mil turret version and I bought the .96" rings. In order to ensure that the scope cleared I ditched the ugly stock scope base in favor of a Ken Farrell 40moa base. After a 100yd zero I have 30.5mils worth of elevation, enough to get me out past 2500yrds assuming the 300gr pills are delivered over 2700fps. Ill post a picture if anyone is interested in the setup.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.